Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Strength/powerlifting motivation

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2003/07/25, 08:18 AM
I went to www.deepsquatter.com last night to get some tips on how to increase my lifts and I watched quite a few videos of powerlifters. When you're on the deepsquatter home page and you click where it says "Freaks O Nature page", there's some awesome short videos to really get you pumped up about training. Some of the videos of guys who weigh 220 that squat 750+ really make me feel weak, but motivates me to do more at the same time. Its very motivating stuff; I highly recommend it for our resident and wanna-be strength trainers and powerlifters.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/07/25, 10:01 AM
Ya, absolutely great stuff. That is one of my favorite powerlifting sites of all time.

And don't feel weak because of the other lifters. You should know, J, that's not what strength training is all about. Remember that are way too many variables involved to just say "He is 220, and squated 750." Hell, Anthony Clark benched 95 pounds more than my best squat! But, it's good to use it as motivation, and I'm sure someone already uses you as motivation.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/07/26, 05:28 PM
I hear ya there are a coupke of guys at my gym that weigh at least 50-80 lbs less and squapt like 425 for reps, but I know that in time I will beat them. Just have to hang in there.....work hard and do it!!!!

--------------
Eat More, Drink More, and Lift Harder than you thought you could, welcome to Becoming!