Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Spin Rage

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/09/20, 04:34 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - A Wall Street stock broker has been charged with assault after he became enraged during a cycling class at a posh health club and slammed a fellow member and his bike against a wall.

Christopher Carter, 44, a broker at Maxim Investments Group, was at Equinox gym taking a spin class, a high-impact workout using stationary bikes. He apparently became so fed up by member Stuart Sugarman's hooting and grunting during the workout that he picked up Sugarman and his bike and hurled them into a wall.

Samuel Davis, Sugarman's lawyer calls the incident an example of spin rage.

Davis says Sugarman, 48, a Manhattan hedge-fund manager, suffered a back injury that required surgery to correct a herniated disc pressing on his spinal cord.

The Manhattan prosecutor's office says Carter was charged with a misdemeanour assault and released on his own recognizance Monday.

A criminal complaint charges Carter caused a back injury to Sugarman.

Carter's lawyer, Michael Farkas, denied the claim.

"We intend to vigorously fight this charge," Farkas said.

"We await the truth to come out, which will be a vastly different story than Mr. Sugarman's."

The incident took place last month at the Upper East Side gym, which is frequented by celebrities and wealthy business executives, Davis said. Sugarman, who weighs about 200 pounds, was enjoying the "euphoric experience" of cycling and was making noises to increase his high, Davis said.

"Carter yelled over to him to shut up," Davis said.

"My client yells back: 'This is spin class. If you don't like it, leave."'

"'Stop being such a baby,"' he said.

With that, Carter walked over to the bike, lifted it into the air and flipped it over, Davis said.

Sugarman got back on the bike and continued the class but stopped when he began to feel pain, Davis said. He called 911 from his cellphone and was taken to hospital

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

\"He may be gone, but Sanjaya proved that it doesn\'t matter how talented you are - if you believe in yourself, you can annoy literally millions of people.\" Jimmy Kimmel
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/20, 06:27 PM
wow, hell of a spin class if this guy can pick up 200lbs + a bike and throw him against the wall. :dumbbell:

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/21, 09:11 AM
Oh my - temper, temper!

I think today at the gym I will try picking up one of the over-grunters and thropwing them and the bench they are on against the wall, LOL.

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2007/09/21, 09:13 AM
Thats funny...more proof...

people can be such jackasses
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/24, 04:48 AM
I've always thought spin classes are dangerous and hazardous to your health!:big_smile:

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------