Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Sore Legs and Cardio

MLCurtin
MLCurtin
United States
2007/09/20, 10:46 AM
I have read the posts about soreness, and from what I understand, when you have sore muscles, you need to rest. I worked my legs 2 days ago, and they are still killing me! So, I went to the gym today to do an upper body workout, but I still wanted to do cardio. I thought I would take it easy, so I did 10 minutes on the bike at an easy pace. When I got off, I could barely walk! I don't really feel like I even worked out today, because I really didn't have any cardio. Is there cardio that I can do? Thanks!!

P.S. Since I have joined about a month ago, I have lost 10 pounds and I bought a pair of jeans in a size 5/6 yesterday! Wooo hoooo!!! I haven't worn a size 6 in a few years!! :)
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/09/20, 11:19 AM
Congratz on the loss, it's always great when you get to buy new clothes!

Your upper body workout itself could be some cardio. Don't rest as long between sets, keep things going at a good clip throughout and you'll build up a sweat and feel your heart rate stay steadily above normal the whole time. You could even set up circuits, where you group three or so routines together and go from one right to the next, with maybe a minute rest after the last exercise in the series, then start over. Go through a few of those babies and you'll feel like you did some cardio ;)

I'm sure you'll get tons of other feedback from the experts around here, but thats my 2 cents.

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/09/21, 12:09 AM
This isn't an injury thread.

Cardio is anything that gets your heart rate up for a period of time. It can be swimming, using an elliptical, weight lifting with short rest periods, or flipping a tire for my guys.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
MLCurtin
MLCurtin
United States
2007/09/21, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the advice and also for the encouragement Stone! It is great motivation!!

Sorry wrestler, I didn't know where to put my question... but I sure felt injured! As you can see I am new to this board, so I am still learning. Thanks for the advice! :big_smile: