Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Quad injury??

musclegirl75
musclegirl75
United States
2003/01/13, 11:55 AM
Every time I do leg presses I get this horrible shock feeling that goes up the front of my right quad. It feels like little prickly pins and needles. It prevents me from doing very heavy weight and from bringing my knees as low as I should. People tell me I am not tearing or have not torn anything or I would know it. I can do all my other leg exercises just fine without a probelem except this one. Am I going too heavy? Do I need to start out lighter and progress again? Did I injure something? Could it be my leg positioning? Anyone know what it could be? Thanks for the help.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/01/13, 12:35 PM
Sounds to me to be a positioning porblem. I would try to go lighter and move your legs around to see if it happes each time. If so then go to the doc.

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/13, 08:50 PM
Make sure you are using your heels and not the ball of your foot. There are a lot of nerve endings in our feet.
Like Mutt says if it keeps up, see a doc!

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/14, 01:47 AM
Yep go and see a doctor. You never know, maybe it's serious.

A couple of years ago when I worked as a aerobic teacher in Paris and I did all the fencing training and competitions I had some problems with my quads as well (the right one -fencing is not a symmetrical sport...) No injuries but just a tired and hurting muscle. What I did was wearing one of those smart pants where you sweat (and are suppose to loose fat!) No lol I never lost any weight with it but it kept my thighs very warm when I trained and no more pain....

Well at least those fancy pants are good for SOMEthing!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.