Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

PMS foods

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/06/06, 09:37 AM
Hi! I apologize if this has been posted before. But, I'm closing in on PMS week next week. That's the hardest for me because I crave certain foods (chips, chocolate, etc), and don't really care about anything (I WILL eat this chocolate bar, and if you don't like it, *&$%*%&$*!!!) So, I'm trying to come up with realistic alternatives (not like "have a piece of brocolli instead of a candybar") so that when I have the cravings, I can have them....in a healthier way so that no one gets hurt. ha ha. For example, last month I made a root beer float with diet root beer and frozen non fat yogurt. Wasn't bad, with only 100 cals, and 0 fat. What do you do to get you through? Thanks!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/06/06, 10:54 AM
Pure Protein Bars work great, they come in a variety of flavors, chocolate included, and they taste just like candy bars. I usually don't crave salty stuff so I can't help you there. :)

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/06/06, 02:07 PM
Since I've started to eat every 3 hours, with protien, veggies and healthy fats at every meal, I don't get the PMS munchies anymore. It's made a huge difference for me. In order to keep my protien up, I do make some of my meals as protien shakes (vanilla protien, fruit, water, flax) and this always seems like a treat to me. I only do this 1X per day at most. As Bettia says, protien bars work well to...but READ THE LABELS, some of them are loaded with fat and carbs.

One thing I stopped doing is trying to find low calorie replacements for bad snacks. By this I mean things like the 100cal snack packs etc. These days I want all of my calories to have some nutritional value, so i don't bother with low fat/sugar type snacks or drinks. Instead my snacks tend to be fruit + nuts, protien bars (homemade with nuts and protien and egg) protien smoothies, cottage cheese and fruit etc.

Try it, it really helped me. Having said all of this, I do occationally get an urge for something decadent....so, every once in a while I just go for it...and I make it worth it...mmm chocolate, cheesecake, M&M's....but this is very occational and only if I've done a good solid workout and hour or 2 before hand!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/06/06, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the tips! I have eaten every 2-3 hours religiously for the past month and a half or so. It has made a HUGE difference in many areas. Who knows, maybe I'm worrying for nothing and next week will be a piece of cake! Ummmmmmm, caaakkkkeeee. ha ha. Thanks again.