Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Peanut butter

nikkibabee
nikkibabee
United States
2008/06/09, 03:20 PM
Hey all...
So I got all natural peanut butter....but one serving into my nutrition plan and my fat went all the way to the total for the day....should I stay away from peanut butter? One serving is 2 teaspoons!

--------------

Nikki
xoxo
I Choose the Battles in My War.

?Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won?t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It?s not just in some of us; it?s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.?
~Nelson Mandela

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/06/09, 03:30 PM
I love the stuff.. I could eat a jar in a sitting, but God knows what that would do to me.

I guess adding it to your diet depends on what your goals are.

What are your goals?

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
nikkibabee
nikkibabee
United States
2008/06/09, 03:36 PM
Well, I want to lose weight. Right now I am at 135 but I want to be around 120, though I know that muscle is heavier than fat, so numbers are not that important. But when I plugged in all the information to the nutrition plan it gave me a daily amount and 1 serving of peanut butter wipes it out. So I can't eat anything else.

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/06/09, 03:38 PM
I've heard the plan here marks things a tad high... not sure.. I use(d) fitday.

If you are trying to lose weight, peanut butter may not be the best idea... once in a while, but not every day.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/06/09, 03:45 PM
I have a jar of natural PB right next to my desk right now, along with 2 boxes of herbal tea and a bottle of fish oil in the fridge. These are things I consider essentials.

PB is a good source of healthy fats, and keep in mind you can't lose fat without taking in fat. If you cut down your fat intake too much your body will start holding onto any existing fat even harder (your body won't burn what it isn't taking in).

If you are following a balanced diet plan, then I'd look to substitute the peanut butter in as one of your fats.

As for your current diet plan, there are 16g of fat in 2TBS of the peanut butter I have in front of me. If you have 1 TBS, that is only 8 grams. If your nutritional plan won't allow you to have 16g of fat, then find a new nutritional plan.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/06/09, 03:59 PM
I think BB1 said the nutritional plan on here is a little outdated - and is recommending low or no fat. I don't know what you should be aiming for, but apparently this site is too low...
nikkibabee
nikkibabee
United States
2008/06/09, 04:03 PM
Its a little discouraging because that is why I paid to use the site...but ok, I know that pb is good for you and can aidin burning of your fat, I just was not sure!! Thanks everyone.

--------------

Nikki
xoxo

?Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won?t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It?s not just in some of us; it?s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.?
~Nelson Mandela

2008/06/10, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't take any single source for this kind of information. The more you educate yourself the better of you'll be. Wrestler is exactly right in what he says about fat intake and it's effect on weight loss. If your body believes that it is being underfed in proportion to your activity, it will hold onto fat and even worse, burn muscle.Also you're on the right track in realizing that muscle skews the weight chart. Worry about your pants size, not your weight.

The diet plans here should be combined with a proper understanding of what are good fats,carbs and proteins. You can get the proper number of each eating crap or you can figure out for yourself what constitutes proper eating. From what you've accomplished so far, it's obvious your on the right track. There is also an element of timing as to when to eat what.

You may want to start a thread asking for different books on nutrition and diet that people here swear by. Simmer, Ivan and BB1 loaded me down a few years back with reading material that helped me and my wife to totally re think our eating habits. Robert Pacheco really helped me as well but sadly he doesn't come around anymore. One of our staple books is "Sugar Busters". It pointed out to me the relatively unknow amounts of sugar in common foods. We worry now much more about sugar than fat intake. Good luck and hope this helps.

--------------

Sometimes life is like herding cats

Charlie
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/06/11, 06:27 AM
Charlie - What other books do you reccomend?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/06/11, 07:26 AM
He would Love you all to read Matlock-A man Ahead of his time....LOL seriously there are a HUGE number of posts on this in the diet boards....

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2008/06/11, 12:09 PM
Angie, check out Nutritional Healing by Phyliss Balch. That is an encyclopedic reference bookpacked with good stuff. My wife's gyno referred her to The Wisdom of Menopause by Dr Susan Northrup which covers a good deal about nutrition. I found the Adkins diet book enlightening but you really need to read the whole thing and pick up a few related books as well. Most people badly misunderstand the Adkins method because they only read the first chapter and "hear stuff" about it.. They miss the parts on slowly, judiciously adding proper carbs back in. They also miss the parts on carbs and exercise. Do a little research on targeted keytone diet. There is not a silver bullet diet. You must eat depending on what your trying to do.

--------------

Charlie
2008/06/11, 12:12 PM
Did I hear a dog barking? Probably not...sometimes in my senior moments I'm prone to auditory hallucinations. Oh well, it's time for Matlock and there's a Little House marathon coming on.

--------------

Charlie
nikkibabee
nikkibabee
United States
2008/06/11, 12:15 PM
Thanks all...I will definitely check out some books!

--------------

Nikki
xoxo

~Nelson Mandela

angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/06/11, 01:40 PM

Thanks Charlie! I am constantly reading through the threads here, and looking for more info online. I am starting to run dry on good info though - I am now finding that I have either read it or it's a "quick fix" scheme I am not interested in...
============
Quoting from charlie826:

Angie, check out Nutritional Healing by Phyliss Balch. That is an encyclopedic reference bookpacked with good stuff. My wife's gyno referred her to The Wisdom of Menopause by Dr Susan Northrup which covers a good deal about nutrition. I found the Adkins diet book enlightening but you really need to read the whole thing and pick up a few related books as well. Most people badly misunderstand the Adkins method because they only read the first chapter and "hear stuff" about it.. They miss the parts on slowly, judiciously adding proper carbs back in. They also miss the parts on carbs and exercise. Do a little research on targeted keytone diet. There is not a silver bullet diet. You must eat depending on what your trying to do.

=============
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/06/11, 01:40 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.