Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Past broken ankle, how to strengthen?

90hatch
90hatch
United States
2006/08/07, 10:23 PM
I broke my left ankle three years ago. I used to be into 5mile runs every other day and cal circuts to stay in shape but since my injury. I get a intense discomfort and shooting pains thru out my lower leg when i run or do any activity that puts a shock style blow on my ankle..

I do have two screws, im looking for exercises i can to to strengthen my ankles and stretches that sill help out.

Thanks

Derrick
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/08, 07:50 AM
My advice is to get a bicycle. I did not break my ankle just sprained it so bad i was in a cast for 5 months alltogether. I pulled and slight tore tendons and ligament, as well as chipped bone. I went through therapy for it and all but a year or more after the injury I still was folding it over. It then started riding a bike around and since then my ankle is about 99% lol will never be 100%. Good luck

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
starry5
starry5
Australia
2006/08/29, 02:31 AM
Ive been doing weights and exercising for about 3-4 weeks now, so that i can build muscle and tone my stomach. I eat pretty healthily, i dont eat any fast food, but do have the occasional treat. I have been running every day for 3 weeks straight, until my ankle started hurting, and got swollen (which would have been for obvious reasons). Because of my ankle i have been unable to exercise and havent exercised in nearly a week (im waiting for my ankle to heal, and wont be running nearly as much cos i heard you can lose muscle from running too much), but ive still been doing my weights. Is it bad that i have stopped exercising? Will it put me further from my goals, especially since i havent exercised at all in a week?

thanks

James

--------------
hehe alllrrriggght
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/29, 08:49 AM
I think you'll be fine ..it's only been a week...you'd be much worse off if you started exercising on it to soon and really hurt it...take the time you need to heal...work on what you can in the meantime.