Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

overeating

mrrobinson
mrrobinson
United States
2007/12/09, 09:25 PM
I'm about to start up with this program...quick question...right now, being quite sedentary...my appetite is RAVENOUS and I am hungry all the time...craving fatty foods (not sweets though) - I've heard exercise will help curb this hunger while at the same time burning calories...is this true or will I just get hungrier with exercise? :(
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2007/12/10, 10:35 AM
If you are strength training heavily, then you will probably be getting pretty hungry. If you are already eating enough calories, and have that compulsion to eat even more, than I would say that filling that void with vegetables would be best. Calories are still calories, but I'd consider veggies to be the lesser of the evils. They may not taste as good as french fries or chips, but if you have to have that full feeling they will hurt you the least.
Breaking your eating up into several small meals a day will also help you to feel less hungry throughout the day. Also something that I do to feel fuller sometimes is eat a half of a medium baked potato with one or two meals a day. It's really filling, and relatively low in calories(if you don't drown it in butter,cheese,sour cream,ect.)
I'm no doctor, but these are some of the tricks I've used to get a healthy diet on track. Over the last 11 months, I've lost 61 lbs for what thats worth.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/12/10, 08:45 PM
When you start weight training, you will more than likely get even hungrier. However, this is because muscle 'demands' to be fed. This is not a bad thing, the way to offset your this and make it productive is to eat 'correctly'.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer