returnofplex

• United States United States
  • Male
  • 40 years old
  • United States United States
  • Male
  • 40 years old

Introduction

I'm 29 years old and live in southeastern Washington. I manage a warehouse during the day, and do personal training by night. I come from a long line of exceptional comfort food cooks, so for me managing the weight had never been a real priority.
I've spent the last year of my life practicing what I've learned and also preach in fitness. And from those changes have come a great deal of personal knowledge and growth. I love helping and educating people about fitness, and it's what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Goals and motivation

For the last three years or so, I have been pretty regular in the gym, but it wasn't until over a year ago that I really buckled down and started doing things right. I studied intensely and self educated myself into a personal trainer certification. When I started doing it right I was 278 pounds, at 6'1". Currently I'm 202 pounds with a few to go. I don't eat like a gerbil, and I don't starve myself. I've mastered my own body through education and execution. My goal is 210 lbs in a single digit body fat percentage.
I have just recently completed a big eating and lifting program that yielded some pretty decent mass results. I had to say "bye-bye" to my abs for a while, but I'm getting the fat back down. I may even hit my body fat % before 210, which I would be ecstatic about! My fingers are crossed!

Fit wall

• chic75 chic75 2009/05/02
    Please give me some direction on how to kick start my weight lose. I want to see results not numbers. I was at a gym worked hard with a trainer and after 6 months no weight loss, actually I had weight gain and I get it that its muscle gain, but I am looking to drop 100lbs not build up. I started hitting cardio hard and kinked my right knee on a cycle during a fitness challenge. I need help finding the mystery in losing weight. I weight 265bls and I am 5'10 work full time owning a business and raise two kids, have two girl scout troops and a very busy life full of errans. Lots of stress I have tried pills,gyms,weight loss programs, meals,a trainer, ect. My dad cut out carbs and he lost alot of weight. My family is filled with big people. My vice is diet pop.Can you offer help.
  • fairyangels fairyangels 2009/04/28
    how do u find all those fittness stuff no wat u meant reali do? i ave made sum bad choices last 3 years and i want get back on track my doc got me on protiane shakes but i cant live on those for like ever! he also said try the GI Diet but he never even told me what it is what foods that 1 is :( u no anything about th GI diet?
  • Ravenbeauty Ravenbeauty 2008/11/16
    Seattle-Metro area..... I miss the rain and the trees.... <BR>
  • Ravenbeauty Ravenbeauty 2008/11/11
    Ha! All this time and I didn't know that you were a fellow Washingtonian....now I am Vegas, go figure! Love the profile.
  • Vedakathryn Vedakathryn 2007/12/16
    Great to have you here, experience is one of the best teachers and sharing it gives those here the benefit of learning through your inspiration. Great to have you, stay strong and keep working it!
  • returnofplex returnofplex 2007/11/30
    MY GOALS <BR> <BR> I can't really ever see myself stopping at any point when it comes to my fitness. There will always be another goal waiting in the wings. What I want at the moment is to be around 10% body fat, at 220lbs. This means that I'm gonna have to lose a bit more fat, and pack on some more muscle. It's just gonna take time, patience, and dedication!
  • returnofplex returnofplex 2007/11/30
    PERSONAL INFORMATION <BR> <BR>(I can't get this to upload to my profile for some reason) <BR> <BR> Hi everybody! <BR> I'm a personal trainer from Washington state. I've got a long story to tell, but I'll do it in <BR> <BR>as few words as possible. <BR> I had always been overweight from the beginning. I come from a low income, single parent <BR> <BR>background, and fitness was never the top priority for me. Especially when I discovered the <BR> <BR>Nintendo back in 1989. I tried school sports a couple of times, but was completely without <BR> <BR>discipline and quit because it was too hard. Pretty much all of my years up until I was 23 were <BR> <BR>spent just doing the minimum to get by. I was the epitome of fat, dumb, and happy (so to speak). <BR> <BR>I made all of the usual excuses of my bad back, or bad knees, or asthma preventing me from <BR> <BR>exercising. But a month or so after my 23rd birthday, something changed in me. <BR> I remember getting up that morning, looking at myself in the mirror and "I really don't like <BR> <BR>you". It was at that moment that I knew that I needed to take my life in a better direction. And <BR> <BR>thats where at 300lbs and 40%-ish body fat that my journey started. <BR> I lost around 65 lbs after the first 7-8 months, but that was mainly do to a little dietary <BR> <BR>moderation, cardio, and a lot of Stacker2 diet pills. <BR> I didn't start to really discover physical fitness until I was almost 25. I worked with a guy <BR> <BR>that had these "huge" 18" arms, and started taking lifting advice from him. He wasn't much of a <BR> <BR>personal trainer, but I bought a weight set, and started to play around with the concepts he <BR> <BR>explained to me. <BR> When I was 25 I joined my first gym, and began reading muscle magazines like crazy. I got a <BR> <BR>free session with a trainer at the time, but he was just some under-paid gym rat that didn't <BR> <BR>answer any of my questions. But I thought that as long as I read these magazines, I would be <BR> <BR>good to go. Right? ;-) <BR> By 26 I had some marginal gains and thought I was on track. But I met my now former fiance' <BR> <BR>and while I thought I was getting bigger from muscle, my waste line was actually the biggest <BR> <BR>gainer. So back up to 280 lbs I went. <BR> It wasn't until I was 27 that I really started to buckle down, and study fitness as a science. <BR> <BR>I started studying it from all of the angles, and not just from a weight bench. Who'd have ever <BR> <BR>imagined that?! <BR> Anyway, at 28 I began to apply all of what I learned to myself. Personal fitness became my <BR> <BR>lifestyle, not just a hobby. I studied intensely and certified as a trainer. But didn't take on <BR> <BR>any clients until I was satisfied that I could help them like I had helped myself. <BR> I have gone from 280 lbs and 25% body fat, to 219 lbs at about 12% body fat. I have learned <BR> <BR>from the bottom-up just what fitness is all about. Every pound I've lost, I've had to work my <BR> <BR>butt off for. And I like to think thats what makes me a good trainer. I've tried pills, fad <BR> <BR>diets, and wonder machines, but nothing was ever so beneficial as the truths that I've learned <BR> <BR>the hard way, and constant study. <BR> I'm here at freetrainers for dual purposes. I want to help people that were like me, AND I <BR> <BR>want to continue to learn about fitness as a whole. So far I've been pretty successful with my <BR> <BR>clients, and though I may not have a master's degree, or use all of those $10 fitness words, I <BR> <BR>think that I have a lot to contribute.