Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

One month, no loss

hesterf
hesterf
South Africa
2008/07/18, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the input, everyone. I was wondering if there was something wrong with me :big_smile: but if it takes longer then so be it, i'm adament. I took your advice and took my meassurements - I lost 1 inch around my waist and 2 inches around my butt. Thanks for the reality check. I'll just keep on doing what i'm doing.

Asimmer, I do have alot more energy and definitly feel better. I guess I was just going through a motivational slump.

Thanks for everything. The support in this site is great :)
hesterf
hesterf
South Africa
2008/07/18, 06:05 AM
I've been training faithfully every morning for a month and yet I've not lost one single pound. I eat extremely healthy (no processed foods) and watch my colorie intake. How can this be?

Now I read in another discussion that I should be eating 9-10 calories per pound of body weight and cut 500 from that figure in order to lose weight.

I weigh 137 pounds. So if I follow this advice I should be eating 1370 - 500 = 870 calories per day. Isn't this too low?

I really don't understand why I'm not losing any weight. My current calory intake is 1500 - 1900 per day. (I'm 5'4)
What am I doing wrong?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/07/18, 09:03 AM
I would cut calories slower than I would add them, so I'd say try cutting out 250 calories (to 1250-1650 per day) or just increase your activity (this would be prefered).

Also, keep in mind that many people actually gain a few lbs of muscle when they first start working out, and so that means that for the first few weeks the scale doesn't move. I'd use a tape measure around the waist or even a mirror as a better indicator of progress.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/18, 12:30 PM
I agree - most women I train see a lot more inches lost before they see pounds lost. Keep training, keep eating clean, our bodies take alittle longer than men's to realize what we are doing is not a fluke and to start dropping fat = 8 weeks is usually when you will suddenly see changes, sometimes longer though if your metabolism has been jacked up, which I think you said in a previous post it was? be faithful, it will work, it takes time and most people quit before they have been consistent long enough to garner results.

By one month you should have noticed some of the following results besides weight loss:

Skin is brighter, clearer.

Energy levels better, more constant

Breathing better, brain is more functional from oxygen circulation being improved

general sense of feeling better than a month ago.

Enjoy the Inner results, the outer will follow.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2008/07/18, 01:18 PM
I definetely, Don't claim to be an expert, but I must agree with What wrestler125 has said.

I have been eating better (Still having trouble with my Diet) and Working out at least 3 days a week for a couple of months now.

My overall Weight has gone up ~3 pounds. However, I am losing FAT and gaining Muscle. My Fat Loss has not been at my waist though. It has been in my Face, Arms, and Legs, therefore, don't get disapointed if you don't immediately start losing noticeable fat at the waist.

Cliff
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/19, 09:17 PM
Glad we could help:big_smile:

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/07/25, 08:49 PM
Some gals are just slow to start on the weight loss thing. My wife had a similar struggle when she first started. It took like 6 or 8 weeks before she started getting any real noticeable results(um yeah, and I'm a personal trainer). Just keep plugging away at it! You'll get there!
hesterf
hesterf
South Africa
2008/07/26, 08:10 AM
Thanks! :)