Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Nutritional Targets-HELP!!!

NREBELLO
NREBELLO
United States
2008/11/15, 01:38 PM
I am 5'0 115lbs. This is my first week of training and I want to develop good eating habits early. I've been watching my diet very closely and I'm even keeping a journal of my calorie, protein, carbs, and fat intake. I seem to be having a lot of trouble reaching my protein and carb targets without exceeding calories and fats. I was thinking about trying suppliments but I am just a beginner and I'm not sure what is the healthiest solution. If you have any advice I would appreciate it greatly!!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/11/17, 12:18 AM
Hi thee, avoid the supplements if you can and eat real food, that is the best source of carbs, fats, calories and protein out there. I know it is hard maintaining a balanced diet, but do the best you can.

Also, check out the nutrional forum for some sample foods that will belp you maintain, there are some great recipes in there that are tried and true.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/11/17, 07:53 AM
What are your current target amounts? More veggies and less starchy carbs will help keep your calories down.

we would need to know more specificaly what you are doing to try and help you tweak it.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
fmcclain
fmcclain
United States
2008/12/03, 08:01 AM
I have been keeping track of my diet using ft nutritional guide. I keep going over on my fats and under my calorie. Is there a good article that gives good food advise for those in poverty and not able to buy expensive meals?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/03, 10:55 AM
there is a post called 'inexpensive nutrition' or something similar in the nutrition forum. i will try to find it and bump it up to the top, keep an eye out for it.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/03, 10:56 AM
sorry - it is titled 'overpriced nutrition' lol
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/12/03, 04:10 PM
I just posted 16 ways to eat healthy cheap in the nutritional forum. I do it and it works!

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman