Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Need professional suggestion

dan_into
dan_into
United States
2008/12/08, 12:06 PM
This is mostly for BB1fit or someone of similar experience,

I'm wanting to gain more lean muscle while simultaneously losing bodyfat (I'm sitting at 7 or 8 percent currently). What is a good diet plan that will help me reach those goals? I'm a meso-ecto but I gain pretty easily when consistent. I'm looking to get the super-ripped appearance and perhaps do some competition. I haven't done any supplements.

--------------
-always wanting more often gets in the way of living for anything at all-
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/12/09, 11:22 AM
I'm not BB1, but you really can't do both at the same time. I tried for a while, I always thought that I was different and that didn't apply to me. Guess what, I wasted about a year and had nothing to show for it. Strength went up a little, not much more muscle, not much less fat. I'd have been better off doing one and then the other as I am now.

Think about it, you'll be happier faster if you bulk now and then cut going into summer.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/12/09, 11:33 AM
I 100% agree with ecle5c. Bulk up now, and when it comes time to cut the weight, you'll have (hopefully if you did it right) much more lean, calorie consuming muscle mass.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/12/10, 03:27 PM
It is extremely difficult if not impossible to do both. How most magazines and ads con you with this impression is by manipulating percentage numbers.

If you think about it, the process requires 2 drastically different diets. That is higher caloric intake for gaining mass(thus more muscle), and lower caloric intake for losing fat.

However, a 'blend' of the 2 may be ideal, if you do not expect fast results. This is tedious though for most folks and they lose patience with it, as it is a long affair with seemingly little gains either way for long periods of time.

This would involve a no cheat diet, just above maintenance calories. No more.

Or this worked well for me, but again tedious as you never want to give up making gains either way. Goes like this, 8 weeks on a gain diet. Then 2-3 weeks on a leaning diet. Then back to the gain diet, etc. Revise your times as you see fit to reach each of your predertimened goals.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer