Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

my dr is making me sick

idjohnson
idjohnson
United States
2009/05/21, 12:34 AM
Last week I went to the Dr cause I didn't feel well, heart rate was jumping around 65-110 bpm. I was Diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes on top of having high blod pressure and he put me on the atkins diet 1500 calories a day. I work out 5 times a week, instead of losing the 2-4 lbs a week I am supposed to I am gaining. I am always hungry. He said if I don't lose 30+ lbs in 3 months or less I will be put on more medication. Does anyone have any suggestions. If this is what being healthy feels like I would rather be unhealthy. Thanks for any input Kim
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/21, 10:36 AM
Why would a Doctor put you on Atkins? Your doctor studied medicine and is NOT a dietitian. He should have recommended you see one.
Since you need to lose fat, cut back on your fat intake. No dairy unless skimmed or fat free, Get more fiber, chicken and fish. Get some grapefruit, high fiber cereal, and cut out any white foods. I know this is hard to do, but it's healthier than Atkins and you won't be hungry.
Good Luck.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/05/21, 11:46 AM
I gotta agree... why would a doc do that?

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/05/21, 12:11 PM
Maybe he's the same kind of doctor as Gene Simmons (they call him Dr. Love).
2009/05/21, 03:30 PM
My husband also lives with type 2 diabetes and when he was diagnosed the doctor sent him to a class led by dietians and nurses to show him who to live with it. I believe these we through the local diabetes association. I would suggest contacting them to see if they offer anything like that. A doctor that would reccommend a fad diet is not a doctor I would be trusting or returning to.

--------------
mad-mama in Edmonton
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2009/05/21, 04:12 PM
Seek a second opinion. That sounds ridiculous to me.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."