Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Mr. Olympia 2002

chris789
chris789
United States
2002/10/28, 07:04 PM
I'd like to know who all of you think should have one the Olympia this year. Do you think Ronnie Coleman really deserved to?

----------------------------
"Some people call it insanity, I call it intensity"
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/10/29, 11:08 AM
I think anyone from the top 5 could have won the Olympia.. it was close and everyone was in great shape. Ronnie was good.. but not great.

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/10/29, 11:32 AM
He will retire soon anyway that is how it works....

--------------
Those who lift understand it. Those who do not, think we are crazy!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/10/30, 12:27 PM
ronnie's belly was so big, he couldnt even flex it! gunter definitely should have placed much higher, if not had taken the whole thing. when they placed him at 5th, the whole arena started boo-ing really loud. then when they held his arms up, he got a minute long standing ovation. he then went to walk of stage, stopped at the mike and said "i just want to let all of you know that what you have shown me tonight means more than any placing they could give me." another minute long standing ovation. priest was looking smaller, but much better... more ripped, defined, and symetrical. wheeler's placing kinda suprised me, he looked really good; but then i heard that he's been clean for almost a year - he wants to stay clean for like 3 years and then start competing in the all naturals. basically, he has assumed lee labrada's position: no one professionally cares about appearance now, only mass.
friday night's comps were also really good, but i have to admit that this was the first time that i was more into the bodybuilding comp than the fitness comp, who's judging was ridiculous in it's own right: curry, ryan as first and second...AGAIN! as far as the female bodybuilding goes, laura crevalle came out of retirement, looked absolutely stunning, but didnt even place top 5. but the night belonged to lenda murray. when i heard she came out of retirement as well, i thought to myself "great... more freakin' politcs!" not even. she dominated the stage! and she knew it! every pose was flawless, and she had a big grin on the entire time. it was like no one else was even on the stage! i cant even remember the last time that i thought a female body builder actually looked beautiful, but lenda had the whole package going. and when it came down to her and bergman, it was a fantastic clash of the titans.
the whole weekend was a blast. if its any indication, i got 7 hours sleep in 3 days...LOL! universal's booth was fantastic: it was a 40' by 20' "cage" where they had bodybuilding seminars and bench clinics. their contests included men benching their weight (women had half their weight) the most reps. i think the men's winner was 40 reps, and the women's was 45. paul vargo did a 555 bench at an all-natural 242 body weight like it was an empty bar! i was even able to get anthony clark to come over and hang out for a while, who, by the way, is going to attempt an 815 bench next month!
the nights were alot of fun as well. hit a few clubs and resturants. went to the vip after show banquet after the mr. o. but the pinnacle of the week was hanging out with monica brant on saturaday night! aaaaaah yeah! lots of fun the whole week. cannot wait til next year. as soon as i get the photos up, i'll let ya'll know.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/10/31, 01:58 AM
Great! Thanks for sharing Mike!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/11/01, 08:32 AM
Great Olympia Report!.. sounds like a blast.. :P

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/11/17, 04:09 PM
Great, I was wondering the other day who won. I am oblivious to the outside world right now, but I know you guys will take care of me.

--------------
Lisa