Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

motivation?

rwynne22
rwynne22
United States
2002/05/29, 09:03 PM
what r some of the things u do to stay motivated to work out?
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/05/29, 09:23 PM
:) Look in the mirror. If you don't like what you see work harder. Seriously though, it's a routine that once you get it going, you'll never stop. Above all, it's pretty amazing what you can do with your body no matter what your age.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/29, 09:51 PM
That is good advice miken. I personally read alot during the day(when i can). The more I keep my head focused in building, the more determined I get.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/29, 11:02 PM
I stop working out a lot and start losing what little progress I have.. pretty much every summer.. so I just think "I would be in even better shape if I didn't stop for those few months here and there".. so if I'm tired.. no time.. whatever.. I try to squeeze in a workout no matter what... usually leads to me cutting back on sleep (still about 7 hours)... if your just starting out.. take a picture now.. and then in a few weeks/months when you make progress you can go back to that picture and think "i'm never going to let myself slip back to that again"
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/30, 01:50 AM
You know when it starts to get serious and I mean really serious. When you really want something and you have followed a strict diet and training for a time, then you'll actually see your own body change every single week.....
I mean for the last 5 months (ever since I decided to do competitions) I have transformed my body completely and it's just amazing........ I'm still impressed by all this we actually can do with our bodies IF we just have a little determination (or are stubborn enough like me).

Of course it can be hard. I try to stay focused and think about anything else when actually I feel frustrated and hungry and tired of everything..... I know that if I don't brake down I'll get results and when I see those results I'm as happy and proud as anyone can be.....

The diamonds of all your suffering is worth it......

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/05/30, 10:10 AM
Something that has helped me immensely too is a workout partner. Someone that when you have a slow day, can kick you in the rear! Try and find one if you don't have one. I have seen folks put ads in the gym with their schedule, program, goals. It can be a great experience. Also, what Cains said helps me too. If you have access to literature related to fitness, that really helps to focus ones mind....

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
Sweeny
Sweeny
United States
2002/05/30, 11:13 AM
Usually just the thought of getting big really motivates me to hit the gym. I also tell myself that if I don't workout today, maybe my competitor will and he will be just that much stronger. Besides these techniques I sometimes just think of something that angers me and I fight it with weights!

--------------
Matt Sweeny, Athlete and Bodybuilder
rwynne22
rwynne22
United States
2002/06/01, 02:11 PM
so no one pops in the arnold movie...commando, predator, terminator, etc. i guess thats just me. oh well. that always helps me stay motivated.
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/06/01, 04:47 PM
Keep track of what you do daily. Carry a notebook to track your diet, what your are lifting, ect. Also check your measurements and weight weekly. I also find that posting a note on the front door for what you want to achieve is good motivation as well, or a picture role model or how you want to look.
GOOD LUCK
BQ

--------------
AMERICAN MADE