Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Morganti Ju -Jitsu

2005/10/25, 03:33 PM
Hey there guys I saw a martial arts post somewhere but anyway!! I started my first lesson of this Brazilian imported fighting style. This ch%t is hardcore, I already feel like i'm busted after tonight and thats been only the basic starts!

But seriously without any disrespect to anyone in other martial arts this one I like cause there is no religious stuff addded ex. meditation etc!!

I'm not sure but I think wrestler has also done this maybe he can tell me if it's worth continuing!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/10/25, 06:21 PM
Never tried morganti ju jitsu, but I have practiced brazillian ju jitsu. Probably very similiar. At the moment, I am trying to get a MMA club together on campus. One of the focuses will be on brazillian ju jitsu.

As for the BJJ, I loved it. At first I was unconfortable because I was on my back alot, and being a wrestler, I was used to working to my stomach for reversals. Its a great workout, I used to roll around even while not training as a form of GPP. If you a still sore after getting more comfortable with the art, then you need to loosen up. That is the number one problem I see with new fighters, is that they stay tight all the time. They need to learn to let technique guide them.

I think it is defianetly worth continuing. It is quickly gaining in popularity with the coming out of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA, K1, Pride, UFC, Abu-Dhabi). It is easily the most effect ground art out there, and it is a lot of fun.

--------------
To have talent is to have limits. I have no talent therefor I have no limits.
Steve Prefontaine

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
2005/10/26, 01:17 PM
Thanks and yeah it's exactly the same I think it's just a different name, I'm going again on thursday, thanks!! Will tell you guys how its been after a while! Just one thing by loosen up do you mean strecthing loosen up or just relax more?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/10/26, 10:13 PM
I mean just simple things, like when your pulling guard, lock, but loosen your legs, and when pummeling, dont be jerky, relax, and go with it. The feel will come with time.

--------------
To have talent is to have limits. I have no talent therefor I have no limits.
Steve Prefontaine

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
edycarso
edycarso
United Kingdom
2006/03/16, 09:29 PM
I do morganti ju jitsu, and it is a mix of judo, jiu jitsu, capoeira, and other martial arts, but it is better than any other martical art. we have to domain newaza, handori, kihon. mail me for further information. I live in brazilia, capital of BRasil.

edycarso@hotmail.com
gangstershoes
gangstershoes
United States
2006/03/21, 08:40 AM
wrestler has some great points. Relaxing is the key, and it can help you endure longer sessions. I've found that when you relax and concentrate you can center more force where you need it, and recognize your opponents mistakes more easily.

Saying that one martial art is better than another though is a very touchy subject based on the arena they are used in. There are many advantages to ju jitsu in hand to hand combat, however there are many weaknesses when thrown into a non traditional setting. ie. bar room brawl.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/03/21, 09:27 AM
While martial arts are a great form of exercise and all most questions here deal with which one is best in a fight etc. I can safely say that in this day and age I can beat any and all martial artist......

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/21, 11:38 AM
That's a mighty bold statement mutt. Where I agree sheer brawn, street fighting and bar room brawling have their strengths, I also agree all other forms of fighting do equally. Diferrent styles of fighting mean very little when you look at them from gangsters point of view. Posessing the ability to adapt can make one a very dangerous individual. That's where you see the seperation. With that being said, in my mind, it's the individuals will, drive, determination and ability to adapt that ultamately overcomes his/her opponent. Personally, I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I can adapt.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/03/21, 12:02 PM
It is simple really they want to fight I pull a gun and shot them..... game over......

Point is this you can trainall you want, there will ALWAYS be a person that is better than you and or a thing like a gun that will totaly stop you period. That is what I was trying to get across.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/21, 12:34 PM
Your right, that's just one way to adapt. Being able to adapt has an endless supply. Where a gun might be a touch much, we at least see where each other is coming from.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/03/21, 12:36 PM
Fighting is like paper, rock, scissors....chance wins.

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/03/21, 02:50 PM
============
Quoting from edycarso:

it is better than any other martical art
=============

You just lost any and all credibility you may ever have hoped to achieve through your ignorance.

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/22, 02:53 PM
Agreed.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
gangstershoes
gangstershoes
United States
2006/03/29, 01:58 PM
martial arts can better your chances of winning, much like brawn can. A mix between the two can give you a good platform to start from. a gun is a bad solution though, and the first thing you are trained to do when conceal carrying is to never let anyone know you have a weapon unless you intend to use it. Think of it as an advantage and protective measure. Pulling a gun for intimidation, and not using it is a very BAD mistake and may win the fight, but can lead to very negative consequences in the future both legally, and through revenge tactics.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/03/29, 02:16 PM
lol another pissing contest.....again fighting is like paper, rock, scissors....paper beat rock, rock beat scissors, and scissors beat paper....

UNless you have been using marital arts for 5+ years....then you may know somthing and be able to use it....but somone who is taken it for 6months....and thinks hes gonna go in a fight and whip ass.....has another thing comeing. I meanthe rookie knows enough just to get himself hurt...

Martial arts is just adaption chorographed and set to somthing linear for the mind to consentrate on, which this leads back to the brain. The person whos "smarter" will adapt the best. Just all depends on who throws paper, and who throws rock or scissors!

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
gangstershoes
gangstershoes
United States
2006/03/29, 03:47 PM
i was taking for granted that we weren't talking about a rookie low belt.
2006/03/29, 04:59 PM
Would a martial art like Krav Magda be more appropriate for most life situations compared to like karate, tae kwan do, ju jitsu, etc...since it is based on winning at any cost with objects around u , in everyday situation...like a bar room...etc...?

Yes a gun can be as much of a security blanket as a weapon against yourself...pulling a gun in front of a skilled martial artist 1-3 feet away is going to assure yourself some bad consequences....having a gun and knowing how to use one are also different things...completely agree with gangstershoes....pulling a trigger may be fraction of a second but are you willing to do it? most skilled fighters have great respect for someone holding a gun/weapon but they also learn effective ways to disarm him/her.....

however arguing what the best MA is...that just leads to another pissing contest....it's good to know it all :)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/03/30, 01:26 AM
I would say combat sambo, gracie ju-jitsue, etc, anythign that teaches striking along side ju-jitsu is your best bet in a fight, while in self defense situations krav maga would be more useful.
However, some of the motions in krav maga are "out there". I've seen instructors show how to nullify a punch. If your quick enough to block my wrist on both sides and redirect while I am trying to strike you, then you wont need to nullify my punches.

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.
edycarso
edycarso
United Kingdom
2006/05/08, 08:49 PM
http://www.geocities.com/morgantijujitsu and http://www.gatame.com.br , Hello all, visit those sites, and see this great Martial Art.
edycarso
edycarso
United Kingdom
2006/05/08, 08:50 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
loganx
loganx
United States
2006/08/25, 09:45 AM
============
Quoting from 7707mutt:

It is simple really they want to fight I pull a gun and shot them..... game over......

Point is this you can trainall you want, there will ALWAYS be a person that is better than you and or a thing like a gun that will totaly stop you period. That is what I was trying to get across.
=============

New here but yes you can pull out a gun, shoot someone and go to jail go to jail for murder.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/25, 01:50 PM
No it is called self defense. Read a law book if I a citizen am attcked by one or more people that are trained in a martial art, I have every right to defend myself to ant extreme. Shoot- bang -fight over I am alive and go home to my family and they do not.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/25, 07:41 PM
Just make sure you kill who ever it is cause if you accidentally only injure him then its jail time for sure. I know it sounds stupid but it's true.

This is a old post but I agree with the guy who said the best fighter is the one who can adapt to any situation. True, completely, cause after I start a fight I am defensive so I can study my opponents style Then I attack. I have no training as a fighter I am a natural. I come from a long line of biker/Indian bad asses.

And finally, for even the biggest guy in the world pulling a trigger is a very hard task. It takes way more then strength to do it.

--------------
I am a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$ (me)