Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

lower back pain

dh2002
dh2002
United Kingdom
2002/11/06, 03:49 PM
i just started at ft and i am concerned about a back injury i have had for about a year. Its in the lower back to the right, it hurts sometimes when i finish a workout or exercise a lot. I went to the doctor and he said it was a muscle spasm. It doesn't hurt really bad its just annoying and i want to get rid of it, i was wondering if anyone has any cures or advice for back muscle spasm's.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/11/06, 03:54 PM
if you look down a little further in this section there are a few posts on lwer back. you can also do a search using "lower back" in the field section. hope you get better soon, just take it easy and go slow.

--------------
Bettia.... You are nothing less than Beautiful in my eyes.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/11/06, 05:04 PM
Some advice for you....most lower back problems, and I say most cause there are sometimes when the muscle is hurt, then you need to rest and see a doc. Anyway,most lower back problems stem from weak abs, and weak back muscles. I suggest to start slow, make sure you warm up and cool down relgiously. Then hit it with a good amount of ab work and back exercises. The best for lower back are hyperextensions and deadlifts. I had something like what you are going thru many years ago, I started to lift weights and added deadlifts to my routine and have had no problems since. Word of caution, deadlifts are hard....next to squats one of the hardest to do and to get right. Ask someone t help you out to get it right. Start light and slow. If the problem continutes get another opinion. Good luck!

--------------
Lifting equals peace of mind!!!
SheDevil10
SheDevil10
United States
2002/11/19, 11:17 AM
rest is awsome for low back issues, but to help get rid of it there are some simple exercises you can do at home and some you can do at the gym, I worked for a very well known physical therapy and surgery ceneter that is world wide as a rehab tech, with our low back patients we always helped develop their abs, by developing your abs a bit more you are helping to stabilize core muscles with help with posture and it takes some of the work of your low back, also if you are thinking of lifting maximally you may want to think of wearing a back support belt, also a lot of pool exercises are awsome for your body cause there is a natural water resistance with no wieght on your joints.