Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Just had a baby

Hojo0811
Hojo0811
United States
2004/01/18, 11:45 PM
I just had a baby by C-section 7 weeks ago and I would love to look better than I did before getting pregnant. Anyone have any post-pregnancy workouts or suggestions?
wishI
wishI
United States
2004/01/19, 03:37 AM

============
Quoting from Hojo0811:

I just had a baby by C-section 7 weeks ago and I would love to look better than I did before getting pregnant. Anyone have any post-pregnancy workouts or suggestions?
=============

Wow, you didn't waste anytime!! Congrats! I also had a baby via C-section 4 months ago. I lost all the weight but have been finding it hard to find time and motivation to workout. Which is really strange for me because I've workred out almost everyday for the past 91/2 years when my first was born. I will get my butt in gear though I just printed out my first workout. You will be able to look better than ever, my only suggestion is that you really have to eat good, meaning limiting sugar and processed foods things taht are just bad for you anyway. When I started doing that is when I saw the biggest change in my body, I wish someone had told me that you can exercise till you're blue in the face and not have the desired result if you don't eat really clean. I would have looked better a lot sooner. Hope I helped.
KJNewMoM
KJNewMoM
United States
2004/02/07, 10:34 AM
I had my first baby about 3 1/2 months ago and at first I was losing the weight but this past 3-4 weeks the weight started coming back and I need help. I guess that is why I'm here. My weight use to be between 105-125 but now at 150lbs I can't deal with it anymore. I've tried my old work out routine but I think I need to change it. The only problem I have is that I don't know what to eat. Before getting pregnant I didn't diet. All I had to do to lose weight was drink 1 gallon of water a day and exercise. I guess now I have to learn what foods to eat and what not to eat. I need help now, my time is flying! and I'm still fat!
Someone please help!

--------------
\\"Babies, who knew they were so small & cute and could make my body get so Big & Fat!?
karenw10
karenw10
United States
2004/02/07, 10:07 PM
Hi ladies,
I too had a baby via c section and have put on a lot of weight after having my son in May. I did discover three months ago that a big reason for the weight gain was my thyroid but also I am sure it was lack of exercise. I did read in my Shape magazine that it takes women at least 8 months to get back into their pre pregnancy shape and that was by natural birth. So, give yourself a break. You will be back in shape in no time and I could only wish to fit into a size 3/4 pant. I'll be happy to be in my size 10s again. Good luck to you.
Karen
SHill
SHill
United States
2004/04/24, 01:07 AM
I had 2 babies via c section 14mo. apart. After my first one was born I lost about 10lbs. but still had this flabby stomach that just didn't want to go away. After delivering my second child also c section, I am still 5'7" 168lbs. with this flabby abdominal area that is making me discusted with myself. I would like to have my flat tummy back and lose about 38lbs. It has been 15 months since my youngest was born and I still look the same. Any suggestions for a great workout that can help me get my body back? Thanks ladies.
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/24, 11:11 AM
As a mother of 3, this is an area I know a thing or two about. The first thing you have to keep in mind is that your bodies have spent 9 months making a human being. For most of us, it will take 6mo to a year to achieve pre-prenant weight, but your shape is probably going to be a bit different.

Start by cleaning up your diets, look for the post titled Bodybuilders grocery list and make your food choices from that list. That's eating clean and if you expect to have a great body, you have to start building it in the kitchen.

You first thoughts are probably about serious calorie restriction but be careful, your body is trying to recover and if you don't give it enough of the right foods, you are not going to get what you want.

Excercise every day should not be a problem for women chasing toddlers and lifting baby carriers all day. Follow your program on ft, use the diet tracker religiously and surf the boards here, especially on nutrition and diet.

You can be the best lookin mommy on the playground, but it's going to take drive, hard work and consistency.

Good luck!

--------------
Anni

Have you hugged your EFAs today?
prego
prego
United States
2004/05/17, 09:03 PM
I feel you KjNewMoM, my little girl just turned 2 months and everyone said oooh the weight will come off give it a year. I DONT WANT TO WAIT A YEAR!! I weighed 150 when I got pregnant and when I gave birth I weighed a wooping 236. I have lost 36 and I just started walking today, I gained so much weight that my knees are killing me. So if you find a way to loss it let me in on it :)

hdogiakis
hdogiakis
United States
2004/05/31, 02:39 PM
Breastfeed! You not only burn about 500 calories a day, but breastfeeding helps tighten your tummy by causing contractions in your abdomen.
missydgc
missydgc
United States
2006/02/19, 10:52 PM
hey
i became a new mommy 6 months ago. and i weighed 140 and now i weigh 164 and i need help, so if anyone has any deits that WORK!!! lol please help:(
sexy6517
sexy6517
Trinidad And Tobago
2006/05/24, 04:22 PM
i just had a baby 5 months ago and i appreciate the thickness but the belly needs help:)
KISMOM
KISMOM
United States
2006/05/24, 07:06 PM

============
Quoting from sexy6517:

i just had a baby 5 months ago and i appreciate the thickness but the belly needs help:)
=============

I too also had my daughter 5 months ago and yes, still have that chubby belly along with my thighs....Also we plan to try again either end of this summer or in the fall and I need to know great pregnancy workouts that anybody might have besides walking....
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/26, 08:58 AM
Eat properly,cut out bad fats,sugars,junk food,pop etc...You can start to exercise safely 6 weeks after birth,as long as its in moderation.Brisk walking with baby in stroller is a great idea...light jogging etc...

You can also begin a light weight training program,take it easy..dont push,if you are tiring easily then slow down...

The key to all this is to watch your diet closely...if you are nursing,you can still restrict calories,just make sure the bulk of your calories are coming from good foods,such as lean proteins,vegtables,low fat dairy products and good carbs..
hermosasol
hermosasol
United States
2006/05/28, 12:38 PM
Hello all, i am newto the community, I will be uploading my pics soon, I just welcomed my 2nd son Xavier into the world (via my 2nd C-section) 3 wks ago. Any advice on getting my stomach back?
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2006/06/03, 06:25 AM
First off make sure you have totally recovered before doing strenuous exercises. Are you breastfeeding? It will help the pounds drop but remember not to be on a calorie deficit diet. Start slow...A good book I am reading right now (being 15 weeks pregnant) is 9 Months Strong....it is all about exercise and nutrition during pregnancy with a section on post pregnancy. Most things i have read is for natural delivery to allow for 6 weeks recovery (can't wait until the New YEar) and via c-section up to 10 weeks recovery...recovery is important...you don't want to end up resting more like 14 weeks because you injured yourself.
MaDDiEsMomMy
MaDDiEsMomMy
United States
2006/06/03, 11:33 AM
yes...i too had a baby 2 months ago...ut not by csection...and ill agree that its hard to find time to excercise. but if you just gave birth 7 weeks ago...i wouldnt rush things only because youre a bit more fragile with that healing incision. my ex manager had 2 c's and the last one was 4 years ago, and her scar still hurts.
BABYFAT2LOSE
BABYFAT2LOSE
United States
2006/07/19, 06:38 AM
I just had my daughter Narkessee 2 months ago. And I need to get back in shape gradually. I am in the military and pt is a major issue sometimes. I am 10 weeks out from my first pt test since my baby and I am scared to death that I might fell it. I have never felled one before. I just need motivation that I can do this. Is it possible?
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2006/07/21, 11:01 AM

============
Quoting from BABYFAT2LOSE:

I just had my daughter Narkessee 2 months ago. And I need to get back in shape gradually. I am in the military and pt is a major issue sometimes. I am 10 weeks out from my first pt test since my baby and I am scared to death that I might fell it. I have never felled one before. I just need motivation that I can do this. Is it possible?
=============
You can do anything that you set your mind too (just not everything) I'm just not sure what a PT test is but I you can do it.

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language
li23
li23
United Kingdom
2006/09/12, 11:19 AM
I had my little boy 9 months ago now and i practically lost all my weight breast feeding! it really is worth it for the both of you. my only problem still is my thighs! im now a size 8 and 8 1/2 stone, i dont want to be any smaller but i just cant shift them! any suggestions? :)
stephlei
stephlei
United States
2006/09/16, 06:01 PM
i had my little girl almost five months ago, and after having her i immediatley dropped 30 lbs, but i would still like to drop more, thats why im here. im breastfeeding, but i dont seem to be dropping any weight anymore. my best advice is just stay motivated, and dont give up.
momsnmore
momsnmore
United States
2007/03/22, 07:41 PM
I just had my third child 6 months ago. After the first two it wasn't hard to lose the tummy but with the third I just can't seem to get rid of. I don't need to lose weight. I just need to tone my baby fat. Anybody have any suggestions.
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2007/03/25, 11:48 AM
I am going through the same thing right now. Tyr is 4 months old now. I used to go to the gym almost daily for a couple hours a day....can't now with a little one....so hubby bought the Total Gym for at home which has been great for me. The big thing I learned was that I have to really tighten up my nutrition....which was difficult early just because I had a c-section and with a newborn it was difficult trying to cook and stuff... But it is getting better now. Once the weather gets nicer I will be getting out more going for long walks with the stroller. Consitency is the key! I know I gained more than I should have during my pregnancy but I know I can get rid of it once I put all of it together. Besides I want to set a good example for my little one.
Klohie
Klohie
United States
2009/05/03, 02:38 PM
I had my son 15 months ago prior to having him I weighed 115 lbs at 5'3 when I went into labor I weighed 159 lbs. Shortly after having him I lost almost all of my weight and dropped down to 125 lbs. 4 months after I had him I found out that I was pregnant again, with my second pregnancy I started out at 125 lbs and ended at 156 lbs and now it has been 8 weeks and I am still 147 lbs, I have no idea what I am going to do, I have never had to excersise a day in my life, so I am desperate.:)
clarissa02
clarissa02
United Kingdom
2009/07/22, 11:01 AM
i had my wee 1 8 months ago by c section and 2months after i could fit into my size 12 now am a size 16 and goin up cant get rid of my baby fat at all
MckennaWilson
MckennaWilson
New Zealand
2009/07/26, 07:17 PM
Hey I had my first 19 weeks ago... I gained nearly 60lb with him but now I've lost about 55 of that. He was born naturally so I was able to get back into working out after 2 or 3 weeks - the whole last 3/4 months I was going on and on about getting back to weights!

I think though, you need to make sure you cut out sugar, processed foods, gluten & wheat products... stick with whole foods and raw is even better! I can't stay completely raw cos I love my meat, but still, the more unprocessed the better.

Drink LOTS of water. Its ok to diet while breastfeeding, but make sure that you drink water. The more water you drink, the better your milk will be, the faster your weight will drop off and your skin will be really clear too.

Sleep lots! I was lucky that my lil one was sleeping through by 6 weeks but even if not, take naps during the day! Sleep when they sleep...

Lift weights. It will be hard with a c-section scar, but start with just a couple reps of a couple exercises. I was struggling with 17lb kettlebells but now I can lift 56lb if I really try! The heavier the better imo... But yeah watch that scar! Try sit ups to get those stomach muscles back together. I was bummed when I first tried - the muscles were all separate and couldn't work properly - but now they're fine. I think that the more you try - even little bits at a time, the better for your body. The longer you wait the harder it will be.

I guess it helped having a midwife who is also way into strength training. She encouraged me to get back into it as soon as I felt like it and that next time around I can lift weights all the way through if I want! Nice to have people around like that.

All the best!
PERICAO
PERICAO
South Africa
2009/11/11, 02:55 AM
hey.. i had my baby boy 2 months ago by c section and my stomach is drooping lower than a bulldogs face. it's terrible. i'm only 21 and i'm quite short i use to weigh 45kg now i,m 55kg so now i look square. :surprised:

I don't brestfeed anymore because i went back to hospital a week after my son was born for a haemorrhoidectomy and wasn't with my baby boy for a week, after that he refused to latch on. so please help. i want to loose as much as i can by xmas. (what home exersise can i do?) :dumbbell: