Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Inner thighs and calves

Rampage414
Rampage414
United States
2003/12/22, 01:27 PM
I've got a strange problem. I've got beefy rock hard calves and nice quads from playing field hockey and doing martial arts for several years. I stopped working out for a while because of school and i noticed for the first time that 1) my calf muscles are still there and they are not shy about sticking out 2) my inner thigh area has really swelled up (with fat ;_;). I want to slim down but jogging keeps my calf muscles defined and many leg exercizes build up my quads even more...should i just concentrate on losing weight first before i start exercising or what?...
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2003/12/22, 02:50 PM
You should do both (i.e. continue to work out while dieting). Working out will help you lose the weight...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/12/22, 09:20 PM
and excercise i have just found out and feel in love with .....its nto really a excercise i just combined 2 excercises to make a realy hard crazy one lol.....1st off start off really light, may even need a spotter if u don't do squats very much( although this excercise is kinda hard to spot.......it works ur inner thigh muscles guite well, as well as a good stretch, and works all the stablizers( abbs, lower back, glutes, hams, adducters, abbduters)

its call a zechular- sumo squat( sory if i miss spelled it)
anyways this is how u do it....u set a barbell up at chest level, and egt a shirt or pad , somthing to wrap around the bar, put the bends of ur elbows in the bar and hold it there and un rack it, put ur feet very very wide apart( if ur in a power rack put them against the bar support on the floor,as u squate down bring ur elbows down between ur legs as far as they can go, then come back up kinda at a arc motion. i really like this excercise cause u have to keep ur chest up( or u drop it) and u have to squeeze all the control muscles..............or another varation.......is to do a sumo squate.........same thing except u put the bar on ur back liek a regulr squate except u put it 3 in lower than a regular squat....try it i did today and i love them

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/12/23, 02:29 AM
Lol Andrew, I was thinking about advicing sumo squat (you spelled it right) as well!!
Yep Rampage, do the exercises, watch your diet and massage your thighs each night with a caffeine rich cream, and your extra fat will soon be gone!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/12/24, 09:47 PM
hay great minds think alike:)

--------------
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/12/24, 09:48 PM
sory to post again but i just realized another god one.........sumo deadlifts...although the work alot of lower back too they still work that inner theigh area pretty good to

--------------
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/24, 09:57 PM
Adductors and Abductors for inner/outer thigh. Andrew knows what these are...they are sit-down machines. Its where you sit with your legs apart and bring the weight together or push it out. Sumo squats and deadlifts are great too, I'm just giving you another option for isolation.

--------------
May the lift be with you.
Rampage414
Rampage414
United States
2004/01/06, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the tips, I've just started doing the squats >_< they burn, and although I don't have an abductor machine, I take a beach ball, set it between my knees, and do presses in sets of 20 with a 10 second hold. The air pressure inside the ball acts like weights, it's pretty neat! My two year old niece actually inspired that idea! But Nina, where can I find a caffeine-rich creme? Could you suggest a brand?
ACCheer
ACCheer
United States
2004/06/03, 05:02 PM
I swear it seems like my inner thighs get bigger and bigger everyday. When I sit down, my thighs look huge. I was just wondering if there are any non-weight(at home) exercizes I could do to tone and lose fat from my inner thighs?
morena_chula
morena_chula
United States
2004/06/10, 01:03 PM
i got the same problem as u ACCheer. i am also looking for an excersize that i can do @ home over the summer while i have time. HELP ASAP PLEASE:love:! thanx
soniagoregaoker
soniagoregaoker
India
2007/09/30, 08:50 AM
my thighs & tummy dont seem to reduce in size no matter what i do.i do cycling for 15 mins & 150 sit ups 4 times a week.but nothings happening.m i doing something wrong?pleae help asap:(