Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

i dont think its working!!!

materia_gurl
materia_gurl
Australia
2003/10/01, 09:54 PM
ok ive been doing my diet routine for about 3 weeks and ive been really pushing myself harder than ive done (specially seing as i never used to do much exercise. but i dont seem to be getting anywhere. i go for a 40 min pace walk every morning except weekends, then i arrive home and do 20 mins of aerobics from the tv.......im always pushing myself thinking that before i know it, i'll be just the way i want. im eating right and not snacking out at all. im eating healthy, staying away from chocolate and chips and always looking at labels, counting my calories. i also find that my appetite has been a bit screwy lately....i went through a 3 day phase where i couldnt eat anything at all....i always eat if im hungry or if i find it nesessary (such as breakfast) but when i forced it, it only made me feel sick. im alright now, getting back into eating, but im only eating 3, maybe 4 meals a day...is this healthy? anyway...BACK to the point......im worried that all this pushing is getting me no where.....am i doing it right? i dont own scales so i go on looking at myself in the mirror or feeling.......and NOTHING has changed......i figured by 3 weeks SOMETHING would happen........am i doing this right? i dont want to be killing myself for nothing.
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2003/10/02, 09:16 AM
It will happen materia_gurl. As many people will mention, muscle weighs more than fat and thus you may not "see" the difference right away. Hang in there. Also, not eating for 3 days is really not a good idea - although having 4-5 small healthy meals is definitely okay. Have you tried adding some weight exercises into your program? Although cardio is great, perhaps some resistance exercise may help speed things along. Best of luck to you
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/10/02, 01:03 PM
It took me about 4 months before I could really see a difference. I still have a long way to go but NOW I can see that it is working. Don't give up.

--------------
Gramma
materia_gurl
materia_gurl
Australia
2003/10/02, 06:18 PM
wow thanks guys! i will definently keep at it! the 5-6 small meals a day sounds like a great idea as with the HIIT workout...im going to give them a try. i'll inform you guys of further progress coz im determined for it to happen! (but i wont push TOO hard ofcourse)

take care all!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/10/03, 03:05 AM
Don't give up, stay on the track, you can do it, good luck!! (o;

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.