Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

husband wants me to get help

b_wilcox
b_wilcox
United States
2004/10/29, 02:09 PM
well, my husband (who is currently serving in Iraq) called me last night. The subject of my weight came up and I told him that I lost more weight. I am at 101 lbs. His mother talked to him before and told him that she was worried about me and she thinks that I don't eat. now, he is worried about me and wants me to see a professional which I will for him because I would do anything for him. but... I do eat. I am now eating between 1100 and 1200 calories which is more than I used to and I don't want to gain weight but I will make an appointment for a nutritionist or whatever and see how things go.
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/10/30, 11:07 AM
Eating that much calories a day will make almost anybody lose weight. I would listen to your husband and his mom and go to see a nutrtionist so that way you can get a meal plan from him/her. How tall are you by the way? 101 lbs. is really light for your age. Unless you are about 4'8"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/10/30, 11:38 AM
1200 cal is definately not enough. At 101 you should be looking at at least 1400 a day. That is really not hard to reach if you are hitting 1200. Just make shure it comes from good sources and not processed foods.
good luck to you and your husband in Iraq.:big_smile:

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
b_wilcox
b_wilcox
United States
2004/10/30, 12:46 PM
I am 5'3 1/2"
It is a struggle for me to get up to 1200 calories a day. Those are my high days. most days I am usually around 1000 calories. I get full really fast and I don't get hungry that often.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/10/30, 06:23 PM
Well, muscle is heavier than fat and takes less space, ever think about resistance training? That will definately increase your appetite, and even make you have a nice sculpted body.:big_smile:

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/10/30, 11:14 PM
Do you ever feel weak? I mean that's a very low daily calorie intake. Yeah try the resistance trainging. It will increase your apetite. Also, what do your calories come from? Can you show us a meal plan of a normal day? Thanks

DX14AG
b_wilcox
b_wilcox
United States
2004/10/31, 01:24 AM
I normally eat in the mornings around 7:00a.m. a piece of toast with tbs peanut butter and 1/2 tsb jelly or 1 cup of cereal with 1/2 cup 2% milk. then around 11:15 I usually have an apple or a granola bar and water. for dinner around 4:00 it varies a lot. either a veggie sandwich with cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickles, and mustard or healthy choice soup or pierogies or whatever. I usually have milk (white or strawberry) with dinner. sometimes if I am really hungry at night I will have a little something to eat but I don't like to eat before I go to bed. I need to eat more meat for protein but I don't like meat very much.
what is resistance training? I feel stupid for asking this.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/10/31, 12:15 PM
You need to eat more often... five or six small meals a day... this will help a lot...that four hour gap between your breakfast and lunch isn't a good thing...and the five hour gap between lunch and dinner isn't too good either...

Also, drink lots of water... if you are drinking water only at lunch you have to be dehydrated... keep a water bottle handy...

Resistance training (Not a stupid question) is using weights or anything that'll offer resistance to your muscles... weights, bands.. that sort of thing...

--------------
t

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self. - Aristotle

You have the power to change a life right in your own hands. - Paul Brandt
dirtymudslinger
dirtymudslinger
United States
2004/11/04, 12:42 AM
I am about your size (I am 5'2" and 105 or so?) and have the same eating habits. I just dont get hungry often and when I do I am usually too busy to eat or dont take the time because I don't want to cook for myself, so hunger passes and the day continues and when I do eat I fill up quick. I started pre cooking all my meals about twice a week I will cook something in bulk, seperate it out into individul portions for lunch or dinner and just add different fruits, veggies and grains to it. I have been doing this about two weeks now and keeping a food journal. It has really been helping me consume more calories because its quick and easy and healthy. Just an idea for you.

--------------
The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be, because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/11/04, 01:48 AM
When does your husband come back home?
You need to know what you really want. Do you like your body as it is right now? Exercising will only do you well, you'll feel better about yourself and you'll need the food as fuel.
You are following one of Freetrainers' programs?

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/11/10, 12:54 AM
It should not be a problem getting more calories. You do not really have to force yourself to eat more, just eat more calorie dense foods. This will raise your calorie intake nicely, with little effort.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com