Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

hoodia

slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2007/07/23, 09:52 PM
I deal with a lot of stress and anxiety, as well I would like to loose a few extra pounds. I read that hoodia helps to relax you, as well as help shed some extra pounds (of course along with good diet and exercise). Just wondering if hoodia has worked for anyone else, and if anyone knew of any side effects it may have.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/07/24, 09:42 AM
Overhyped like many other products.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

shoofirefly
shoofirefly
United States
2007/08/26, 06:51 PM
It is the only thing that works somewhat for me. I empty two capsules in my protein mix in the morning and it DOES curb my insatiable appetite! its a start!:cool:
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/23, 06:15 PM
Sorry, older post, but the "take a pill and be well" industry struck a nerve once again. As in any product, please do your research on hoodia, there are many (over 50% of all products) that say they contain hoodia, when in actuality, not enough to do a thing or does not even contain the authentic and rarer form of the expensive weight loss hoodia. They plaster HOODIA on their product and most use an ineffective hoodia that will DO NOTHING for anyone but fill your brain with bull$#!@ Sorry, ticks me off the way so many are taken due to their intense need to lose weight --in the past myself included. Work out, eat right, have patience and learn what foods will fill you up without filling you out and you are good to go! When in doubt, we have oodles of information available here at FT or research it on the internet if you can't find enough here on a product, but be careful you aren't reading an article that is actually a well hidden advertisement trying to draw you into purchasing a product.

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Hounds11
Hounds11
United States
2007/12/22, 02:28 PM
i pride myself on being a skeptic. however, i got taken in by the hoodia thing. i blame the 60 minutes story on it.

i bought some liquid hoodia that was verified to indeed be hoodia. i forget the details, but i did my due diligence and was satisfied that i was getting the real deal.

after taking it for a week, i noticed absolutely no difference in my appetite. none. zilch. zero.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/12/26, 11:08 AM
It takes some willpower as well. It's like smokers that get the ear shot thing....it isn't magic, you have to want to quit yourself and have some self motivation or it will never work.