Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Getting in shape and loving it

HappySnappy10
HappySnappy10
United States
2007/05/11, 04:45 PM
Ok I Am loosing so much weight!, i have fallowed my plan and am in great shape (well great for me) i started at 187 and i am now down to 163!!! in just 4 months!!! i am so happy with myself! i keep my food light and walk all over the place, i feel great! and its easy, but with loss of excess weight comes excess skin, any suggestions on how to get rid of that? i dont have much now but by the time im done i think i will! :big_smile:

--------------
Every day is new, so it depends on what you do to enjoy it!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/05/11, 04:59 PM
Congratulations Happy! No tips on losing excess skin. I lost a lot of weight a couple years ago and had a lot of loose skin. Over the course of a few months it did gradually tighten. Starting at 187, I would imagine that would be able to snap back into place eventually (I started at 220). The only other option that I know of is surgery to remove it.
bgage
bgage
Canada
2007/05/11, 05:20 PM
Congratulations Happy!! I just signed up today and reading about how well you are doing is motivating. I am looking forward to starting on Monday!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/12, 08:44 AM
Good for you, Happy!

there have been a lot of posts on this subject - try putting the keywords - saggy skin or loose skin into fit buddy - i will see what I can find and bump some posts up for you - look for them to surface.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/05/12, 04:04 PM
Awesome post!! Excellent progress!! My son lost 60 pounds and he was complaining about it, he is only 16 though and lost it over the past two years as he grew and worked out, but he was sitting there stretching it around the other day --luckily he is young and it will tighten up as it slowly has been, slower weight loss usually helps with that, too. I guess better to have lose skin than the alternative though, I am sure when I am finished with my weight loss goals I will be trying to figure out where to tuck it all (pockets maybe??), but alas, it is worth it to feel good!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill