Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Getting Cut Keeping Muscle

wadebelakk
wadebelakk
Canada
2008/03/07, 11:35 AM
Hey there i am currently planning to get cut butt i want to retain my current muscle mass and maybe put on more. I plan to work out 3-4 times per week for about 45mins-1hour because it is kinda hard to hit the gym since i am in school. I eat pretty healthy....tuna, ground turkey, chicken breasts, almonds, egg whites,fruits/veggies etc. I also make protein shakes after workouts and take a flaxseed pill. I am 6'3 and 220 lbs. I guess im kinda confused as to the nutrition i should be intaking....protein, fats, carbs and how much of it to get cut but maintain my muscle. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/03/07, 02:20 PM
Do a search at the bottom of the page on cutting, there is some good advice that has been put out there.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/07, 02:30 PM
Maintaining muscle will also be determined by maintaining a heavy lifting program - you may feel your energy levels and strength drop a little as you cut calories a little but don't switch to higher reps/lighter weights type of routine - stay with heavy compound moves to retain as much mass as you can.

Cutting is just a matter of consuming about 200 less calories per day below maintainence levels. It can be a lot more complicated...but why?

Also check out the diet thread in the nutrition forum if you want an extreme version for cutting.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach