Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Forearm pain

ohmygod_itsme
ohmygod_itsme
United Kingdom
2009/06/05, 06:09 AM
A question for anyone who can help.

When doing barbell curls I am experiencing discomfort in my left forearm. I am assuming that this is due to the way I am lifting it, but I can't see that I am doing anything different with that arm than the other. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this could be?

Thanks in advance
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/06/05, 08:57 AM
Where in the forearm?

And it could be more than just lifting technique? There could be a muscle issue there. Might not hurt to visit a physiotherapist.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
blue77
blue77
United States
2010/03/03, 01:18 AM
ohmygod_itsme I hope you got that forearm concern figured out have you ever thought it might be bicep tendonitis or maybe you hand gripped to much the other day with those hand grippers,I have a similar problem it comes and goes maybe take a week or two off and see if that helps,and you will see its you.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2010/03/05, 01:06 PM
I have the same problem from time to time. It seems to go away if I switch off to a cambered(ez-curl) bar, which doesn't quite allow your palms to face up completely.

============
Quoting from blue77:

ohmygod_itsme I hope you got that forearm concern figured out have you ever thought it might be bicep tendonitis or maybe you hand gripped to much the other day with those hand grippers,I have a similar problem it comes and goes maybe take a week or two off and see if that helps,and you will see its you.
=============
blue77
blue77
United States
2010/06/01, 12:01 AM
Excellent idea ive done this to plus you can do Hammer curls and Reverse grip barbell curls or Drag curls,like zen master say when hurt find alternative or just hurt.

============
Quoting from returnofplex:

I have the same problem from time to time. It seems to go away if I switch off to a cambered(ez-curl) bar, which doesn't quite allow your palms to face up completely.

=============