Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

ephedra and side effects

bnichols
bnichols
United States
2003/04/29, 12:50 PM
I was told that ephedra products can cause sexual side effescts, and I was just wondering if it is true
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/04/30, 01:28 AM
Never heard about any real sexual side effects but hyper excitation.....

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2003/04/30, 09:37 PM
After 2 years of taking ephedra (on and off), I've never had any adverse effects from it - sexual or otherwise. I've never heard of sexual side effects. Might be interesting to know more about it.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
BIGGIN
BIGGIN
United States
2003/05/05, 07:42 PM
i was taking ephdra products an the side effects i got were shakey hands and dizzyness. so i stoped taking them. but ive never heard of sexual effects. news to me!!

--------------
---Kev---
Focus and Lift!!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/05, 07:51 PM
Well, I guess anything could happen. Since ephedra indirectly causes vaso-constriction, I suppose it could cause some sort of disfuction with a male; but I have never heard of such a side effect either.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
CarbLO
CarbLO
United States
2003/05/07, 02:02 PM
Without an effective supplement, to get control of your carbohydrates you are going to have to give up fresh made dinner roles, pasta salads, cakes, cookies, french fries, baked potatoes, bread sticks, rice and more. Don't make things hard on yourself when you don't have to.

Ephedra can't stop carbohydrates!

--------------
Free Branded Business
http://www.Maliburep.com
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/07, 04:30 PM
Ephedra can't stop excess kcals would be more correct.

I still eat homemade breads, pastas, rice, potatos, etc....

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/05/08, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I still eat potatoes (post-workout), high glycemic carbs before AND after training and Frosted Flakes with whey protein and skim milk right when I wake up. And guess what? My BF% is still under 7%. So much for good old Dr. Atkins theories ( As a fitness professional I personally think he was a moron anyway) It's all about calories in vs. calories out. Everyone wants to make things so damn complicated. Why does the Atkins diet work? Because you are simply consuming less calories plain and simple. When people have no clue how to eat healthy they turn to diets such as the Atkins plan, oh well, to bad for them.
QuadQueen
QuadQueen
United States
2003/05/11, 12:01 AM
What sexual side effects, specifically, have you heard are associated with ephedra?

I recently learned that my honey has been using ephedra for the past few years. He is frustrated by how hard it has become for him to attempt anything tantric, if you catch my drift. Maybe it's the ephedra, maybe it's the Miles Davis playing in the background, maybe it's my dead sexiness, but delaying the peak of his gratification has become a real frustration for him and for me.

Of course, I am not a medical professional, but odds are that your partner might not be, either. If you want to learn about any sexual side effects of ephedra, it's a good idea to talk with a professional about it. Your partner will thank you for looking into it! :)

Salud,
Jess
bnichols
bnichols
United States
2003/05/14, 01:59 PM
Well, I'll tell you'll my story of why I think that ephedra causes sexual side effects. QuadQueen I had the same experience as your husband did. It happened to me twice with two different girls. I dont want to get into to much detail about it but you could imagine the frustration and emberresment ( didn't spell that right) I mean I'm only 18!!! Thats not suppost to happen. So I went back and looked at everything I had taken Xenadrine, Hydroxicut, Ripped Fuel, and I noticed they all had ephedra in it. If I'm correct the Prostate is what makes blood flow into the genital area. Which causes an errection. If ephedra can mess up your prostate, which I've clearly heard that it can, then ephedra could mess up your blood flow. Oh and I want to ask a doctor about it but I'm not really sure how, give me some pointers.
jh2121
jh2121
United States
2003/05/27, 01:42 PM
The fact is that Ephedra has really been given a bad rap by a bunch of people who are just looking for someone to blame for there own stupidity. the warning labels are on the bottle and if you have for instance heart disease or hypertension then you should not take it obviously. Ephedra is being blamed for deathes in people who had no buisness taking it and took it in way to high doses with poor nutrition and improper training and all of a sudden it is a killer supplement. To my knowledge there has been no scientific studies to prove that ephedra is harmfull long or short term if used appropriattly. By the way Dr. Atkins was not a moron, just because he went against the norm of the nutritional bias. He was an innovative thinker who put more research into his lifes work than any other nutritionist or Dr. that I know of. Don't look now but more and more studies are showing the benefits of low carb diets and the fact that Dr. Atkins was right. It takes a lot of courage to turn the tide of the medical feild thought process but in the end some of these people are considered genius rather than moron.

--------------
Fear Profits A Man Nothing.
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/05/28, 07:32 AM
I agree with you on the point of the ephedra.( I love ephedra) Everyone is looking for a scape goat, and they have found one. I wouldn't even bother asking doctors about it, we all know what there answer would be(simply because they know nothing about it) But I still think Dr. Atkins was a moron and he used the fact that people are clueless about nutrition to sell his product. You talk about people blaming things, well Dr. Atkins used carbs as a scape goat when in reality most people are just to weak to limit there total caloric intake daily. More studies show the benefits of eating a healthy BALANCED, key word, diet.
archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2003/07/18, 01:37 PM
I know I am kind of late on this one, but I wouldn't take ephedra. I agree with many of the statements by dahayz and the fellow before him. However, some of these supplements such as ephedra and things can cause many problems, and yes, the FDA, according to my law research, has said ephedra can cause many negative side effects.
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/07/22, 04:36 PM
Id have to agree with dahayz on this one...one cannot maintain a Atkins diet, and after getting off it they gain back the same or more in weight...There is no substitute for true weightloss, i should say fat loss, than a balanced diet that creates a deficit in calories takin in than used......As for ephedra people have hiped it up way to much..how many people have you heard of dying from nasal decongestints...hmmmm...such as Sudafedrine...hmmm it contains ephedra-no dying, it just got all hyped up.

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick
maxster
maxster
Canada
2003/09/30, 02:14 AM
Hey jh2121!!! I started taking ephiderine, I would like to know if I can still continue to use it, if i am using it correctly, also eating healthy and doing alot of fat burning machine excercises. Can any of you feed me some info about this?
vkayani2002
vkayani2002
United States
2007/06/10, 10:04 PM
Hello
Please read this one abstract of one study done on ephedra. By readng one migt conclude that ephedra carries the side effect on sexual parts.
The main constituents of ephedra, notably ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, are plant alkaloids that are responsible for the ephedra's medicinal action. These alkaloids can cross the barrier protecting the brain from unwanted chemicals in the blood and mimic activity of the sympathetic nervous system (?fight or flight?) by interacting with various neurotransmitter receptors. Specifically, it enhances the release of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine and stimulates alpha and beta?adrenergic receptors. The problem with this non-specific stimulation of adrenergic receptors is that while the desired receptors (beta-2) in the lungs are stimulated to open the airways, other types of receptors are also stimulated, including the beta-1 receptors in the heart that increase heart rate and force of contraction, and the alpha-1 receptors that increase blood pressure and decrease circulation to the renal system and other parts of the body.
>>> By decreasing the flow of blood in renal system means that it shortens the supply of blood into genitals and efftects their activity
vkayani2002
vkayani2002
United States
2007/06/10, 10:04 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.