Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Don't want to look like a weight lifter!

Temisan
Temisan
United Kingdom
2002/11/18, 07:15 PM
Hi,

Hope someone can help, the thing is I'm at a weight I am very happy with, the only concerns I have is my stomach (post baby) and my legs (too skinny), I'd like to concentrate on these areas, without losing what I have and I don't want to end up looking muscelly(??) either. What is the best way for me to about achieving my goals. Any ideas will be a great help. Thanks
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/18, 09:12 PM
You are not the first to ask this good question. I would check out the excercise and nutrition areas of the site. Plug in your co-ordinates and you will get interesting programs.
There are some other postings with the same questions, try doing a search.
I'm sure you will get some good results.
Don't worry you wont get muscular looking. Women don't have the hormones that men have. You will get a nice shape and won't lose weight. ALso you cannot spot reduce, you will shed the extra "flab" evenly. Do you do any cardio, or ab exercises?
Good Luck

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!

Ivan
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/11/19, 02:00 AM
Hmmm luckily you write "post baby" otherwise we wouldn't know if you are female or male.........

Follow FT's tone routine and read the posts in the female forum and you'll get great info.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/19, 11:18 AM
Women have a "fear" of looking like a musclehead! Unless you have an extraordinary amount of testosterone, which women do not, this will not happen. You will tone and lose fat. this is with resistance training and cardio. And of course proper diet. All work together, and you will accomplish your goals. As Philia said, if you hadn't said post baby, we wouldn't have known if you were male or female.
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2002/11/19, 05:15 PM
Hey, Temisan - you say you don't want to look like a weight lifter? Philia2 there is a weight lifter - take a look at her pictures.

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan