Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Don't know what to do!!

onelilhorangi
onelilhorangi
United States
2007/10/01, 07:04 PM
After a very stressful ordeal with the death of a family member I had to get my gallbladder taken out. Ever since then I've had to get a mouthguard and my hair is alittle thin. I have dark circles around my eyes and stomach issues galore. I used to be anorexic but that was in middle school and I am not even close to that. I am now 30Ibs overweight. The doctor said my hair should of grown back. I also have dark pigment spots on my head due to stress. I don't know what to do. I am not depressed nor is my life that stressful now (ie. I took a break from school to reduce stress but so far no change). I do struggle with my weight and I run at least 4x a week and strength train every other day. I try to eat healthy but I do eat junk such as whoppers but maybe once a week. I am afraid to eat most foods such as salads because I get gassy. I can actually feel the gas moving in my stomach sometimes. I am also a sugar addict. Ok.. the question is should I detox? Will detoxing help or would a fasting diet help? I know I will lose muscle but will it help or am I being drastic and I should just eat really clean and it may clear up on its own? Has anyone had these issues? I just don't know the next step to get better? Any helpful advance would be greatly appreciated.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/10/01, 11:04 PM
I've never seen the point. I've heard all the scientific reasons, and I've heard all the reason's not to. Just start on a diet you can continue to do.

Crash dieting is never the answer, and it has been my experience that diets that include a detox are generally crash diets that are trying to show results in the short term.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/10/02, 08:22 AM
As wrestler points out, there is no real point to detox. Folks come up with 'drastic measures' when to them all seems lost. It is not. Sensible eating habits will get you back on track. It is not a miracle and not acute, but chronic in its effects. In other words, give things time.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2007/10/03, 11:58 AM
The old standard and no new crash diets.....
start eating healthy foods, good protein, good fats, and you will feel better and see change.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/10/05, 05:56 PM
Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration can lead to so many health problems that arn't immediately attributable to it.