Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Do you prefer older men/womenor younger?

frogus9
frogus9
United States
2004/05/19, 10:57 AM
I was wondering if you prefer to date people older than them or younger? I acually prefer older men. My best friend is male and I have known him almost 9 years and there is 19 years difference between us.
2004/05/19, 02:46 PM
Seems like a fairly regular trend that starts early and continues on... Freshman year of high school all the girls are dating seniors, senior year they're dating college guys, freshman year of college they're dating seniors, and senior year they are dating working guys. When you hit your mid-20's a lot of women are dating guys in their 30's, and by the time you're mid 30's they're with 50 year old guys. :big_smile:
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/05/19, 02:58 PM
I know I am not technically in the "older discussion crowd" but thought I would add my 2 cents. I like them all!! My husband happens to be 3 years younger than I am, but if he was 3 years older that would be fine too. Age doesn't matter as long as someone loves you!
frogus9
frogus9
United States
2004/05/19, 04:25 PM
I am technically not the 40 and older crowd either, I wanted the older mature oppinon on this. I feel in any relationship, a good solid friendship needs to be established, when you get older and your sex drive is gone, what do you have? If there is a solid friendship and it is not based on sex, your relationship will still be satisfying for both. Communication has to always be open. The relationship I share with my bestfriend is by far the best I have ever had with a male. We started as great friends and it still continues.
2004/05/19, 05:23 PM
And B rears his ugly head. Welcome back bro. Be careful what you say... a 51 year old man may slap you upside the head.

Frogus I guess I qualify as mature. My sex drive is fine. Regarding the older younger thing if I were single I guess an age difference wouldn't matter but I won't run a training program.

--------------
Foolish consistancies are the hobgoblins of small minds.

Charlie
fryer91
fryer91
United States
2004/05/19, 05:36 PM
It's always about the sex. Gees, first few years, whole house sex is experienced;this is where you have sex everywhere. Then later, it turns into bedroom sex. Those private love making sessions. Then it turns into hallway sex; this is when you pass each other in the hallway, and say, F...You, OH, and F...You too. Then it starts all over again. Weeeeeeeee, love the whole house thing;Yippee:big_smile:!!!!!Age doesn't matter.....As long as it's legal...
Woodie
Woodie
United States
2004/05/19, 05:52 PM
My wife is 5 yrs older then I am, I can't imagine why a 40+ man would want to put up with a young whinie 25yr old who doesn't have a clue about life. Age it self doesn't matter as much as the thing you have in common, likes, dislikes, goals, morals,ect.

--------------
Woodie.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/05/19, 06:01 PM
Age? Doesn't matter to me. And if I won't have sex when I am older (what's older), when does it stop? What age, I am gonna be 48. Hope it doesn't stop soon!:big_smile::laugh:

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/05/20, 06:48 AM
Age matters to me. I absolutely adore older men and I always have. It's not a "daddy" thing either. I love a man who has years of experience, there is no substitute. The oldest man I've ever dated was in his early 70's and at the time I was in my mid-30's. He was a fantastic lover and a wonderful companion. Obviously, he was an exceptional man for his age. Still, I would never consider dating anyone who wasn't at least 10 years my senior.

--------------
Anni

Hard work must have killed somebody
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/05/20, 07:07 AM
When I first met my husband, I shoo-ed him away with "I am much too old for you" as I thought a 27 year old was clueless and couldn't possibly see anything in me, much less handle me.

Boy, was I wrong. My point being is that sometimes age is nothing more than a number. Moreover, I think it is not so much age that "attracts" a person, but more the qualities that a person in a certain age group normally posesses.

Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/05/20, 02:14 PM
Wow. As a woman who dated a man 16 years my senior during my twenties, I am amazed at some of the comments here. I don't know who to address first!

Charlie - LOL on the training program! :laugh:

bhardy.. if you don't know I'm not telling but there are more reasons than you can imagine. :angry:

woodie.. not all 25 y/olds are whiney. I had a house, job, car and 3 y/o daughter all on my own at 23 and believe I was a charming and intellectual companion. :cool:

Like Anni (and right up until my husband) I only dated older men, mostly because the ones I met I liked, and the younger ones I didn't, not because of the age. I think it was because they knew who they were already, what they wanted, and were happy with it all (to add to the experience thing).

And after a few heartbreaks (some mine, some theirs), I found my husband who is only a year older than me; and like dfly, found that I was wrong.. there are younger men that can handle a relationship with me... I broke it off with him once before our engagement, and he sure showed me! :love:

I know now I just love Good Men, whatever their age, but quite often the Good ones have come into that with age.. (read wisdom and experience).

============
Quoting from bhardy:

Of course, why a 25 year old lady would want to do "the nasty" with a 50 year old man is beyond me.
=============
... WHAAHHH??

--------------
: ] ~Danielle
The deepest rivers flow with the least sound.
Woodie
Woodie
United States
2004/05/20, 02:25 PM
I didn't mean that all 25 yr old are whinny. I was just having a bad day at work dealing with a class of whinny 20 somethings that think the world owes them just because they were born and don't feel like they shouldn't have to put forth more than minimum effort for maximum reward. I know lots of (younger) people that have things togehter but I find that with older ladies there is less drama for drama's sake.

--------------
Woodie.
frogus9
frogus9
United States
2004/05/20, 03:53 PM
First of all Fryer, love the comment, made me laugh, that is how it seems to go.

Anni, I totally agree with you on that and what danigirl said, there is a certain maturity about older men. They know what they want and frankly, they are dang good lovers! The emotional bond is stronger, and their experience has made them wiser and I think more in tune to the female needs and wants. Thanks for the responses.

Here's to loving the older men.

frogus9
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/05/20, 04:03 PM
I like them older.

--------------
Would it be classified as overly competitive if I refused to let a 4 year old beat me at chutes and ladders?
2004/05/20, 04:06 PM
Geezers everywhere thank you frogus9.

--------------
Foolish consistancies are the hobgoblins of small minds.

Charlie
Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/05/21, 03:25 PM
hmm.. I certainly can agree that alot of young women today would be very difficult to tolerate, Woodie. Especially in packs!

I think the drama comes from boredom, too much time on their hands.

--------------
: ] ~Danielle
The deepest rivers flow with the least sound.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/05/21, 04:28 PM
I've dated both (recently) and don't really have a preference. I look mostly for compatibility and attraction.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!

E-mail: rpacheco@freetrainers.com
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/06/01, 01:26 PM
My husband is 10 years younger than me, he was 24 and I was 34 when we met. I had three boys and he had none. The only time we have difficulty is when watching the 70's show and I can remember living them and he was an infant! I have never dated anyone more than three years older than me and mostly they were always a bit younger, he was the youngest. He is such a wonderful, loving person and I am glad we are together. Lucky for me the wrinkles are slower coming and his hair is graying on the edges and slowly disappearing so the age difference isn't outright obvious (shhhh...dont' tell him I said that!) But, I gotta shed this weight as I feel like a frump and wonder why he is with someone 10 years older and 20 pounds heavier than he is!

--------------
****MISERY IS OPTIONAL****
*****SMILES FOR MILES*****
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/06/03, 05:18 PM
Cute dfly, I told my husband the same thing when he first showed interest in me. He also was 27. Im so glad he wouldnt take no for an answer. :love:

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2004/06/09, 03:04 PM
It is hard enough to meet someone who you are compatible with, match with, have good sex with etc without adding age, race, religion, weight and other boundries we throw up to thwart happiness. Even as B hardy says if the couple are together for the "wrong" reasons such as looking for youth again etc, who cares. If they are happy so be it. I personally like to stay close to my age five years either way. That is my personal preference. My brother however is with someone who is young enough to be his child. Yeah he admits it keeps him young and she is looking for money but they know this and get along and accept and have been together for nine years. So go argue with success. I have seen some of the most unlikely couples succeeding and the ones you think should match break up.
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/06/15, 10:32 AM
Your goal should be to take care of yourself. I can tell you this right now, if you find a man that is twenty years older than you and dates 15 year old girls, then chances are, he is on the sexual offender list. (or should be)
DeeTee
DeeTee
Australia
2004/06/16, 09:52 PM
My OH is 14 years older than me and most people find it totally confusing. Im 28 and he is 42. To be honest he's the youngest 42 year old on the planet, worse than my son at times. It's funny to see the looks on some peoples' faces when they find out how old he is, I guess he ages well.

He's told me that to start off with I was just a conquest, the 20 year old every older man wants (aparently!). It's grown to more now and we are both happy, most of the time anyways. :laugh: :laugh:
Donna
DeeTee
DeeTee
Australia
2004/07/22, 08:45 PM
Believe it or not we've talked about that. Not the j*^#@ing off, but what he was doing when I was born. He remembers going to see the first showing of JAWS when it hit the cinemas here, I wasn't even born then! Sometimes it's strange to think about, he was in second year high when I was born.

The biggest problem I have is that he's "been there, done that" and I haven't. Most times though, you are right, it's just a number. There is so much more to the story and not enough time to write it.
Donna

--------------
I knew my parents\' loved me, my bath toys were a toaster and a radio ~ Rodney Dangerfield.
Woodie
Woodie
United States
2004/07/22, 11:34 AM
Tmann probably has issues with sex and has started posting here to try and feel better about himself/herself by cutting down others.

--------------
I will get to it as soon as I am done lifting.
bbronswyk2000
bbronswyk2000
Canada
2004/07/21, 11:05 PM
you must be very lonely tmann and probably get alot of practice doing exactly what you just said...

============
Quoting from tmann98c06:

thas just weird.......when u were bein born, he was probably in his room jacking off lol....but age is just a number!! it dosent matter!!!!!
=============