Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Didn't reach my goal

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/12/24, 06:39 PM
I promised myself and I posted it here a while back that I would be able to bench 360lbs by Christmas. Well, as you can see by the subject of the post, I didn't make it. I came close; I just couldn't lock out. I think my week-long bout with food poisoning really killed my chances, but that's no excuse. I am not a happy camper today, but keeping with the holiday spirit, I'm just glad I have the opportunity to subject my body to such rigorous torture and be at least somewhat happy with my success so far.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.... and what are you doing reading this post?!?! GO EAT!!!!!!! ;)

----------------------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/12/26, 07:34 PM
Been eating to much lately LOL. I bet you get it next week which is close. So go after it hard and you will get it!

--------------
TO DEADLIFT, OR NOT TO DEADLIFT, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/12/28, 07:31 AM
ooooooo, and i have been eating.... ugh!

but dont let the miss eat you. not being able to lock out is definitely NOT a failure. just look at it as a necessary part of your training, because its going to taste soooooo damn sweet when you do drive the weight up, rack it, turn around and yell obscenities at the bar because you beat it!!!!

you will do it...

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"