Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Did not get a good start

haggis
haggis
Canada
2002/03/09, 11:08 AM
Hello: Can you change my start date to this Monday March 11 (from March 4) as I did not get all my info off my PC (computer problem). I did do some of the workout, but was not able to follow the weekly chart. Thanks so much. Also, please someone help me with my lack of motivation. I go great for a few days, then slack off. I'd appreciate some tips.

jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/03/09, 02:32 PM
just do it man thats what i do
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/03/09, 04:58 PM
Motivation has to come from within. I can sit here and encourage you all I want, but when it comes down to it, its all up to you. Have a picture of an athlete (or someone else that you wish to look like) with you when you work out. Let that be your goal. That may sound strange, but its remarkably motivating. You may also want to get a "before" picture of yourself and put it somewhere you can see it everyday. If you're really not happy with the way your body looks, you will change it.
Music can also be very motivating. I listen to some really intense music when I workout and it helps a lot. You have to have something with a beat. I get so mad at some of these gyms sometimes because they spend thousands of dollars on the best equipment and a great sound system, then they play Barry Manalow and John Denver when people are supposed to be getting 'pumped up'. I hate it when they do that.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/03/10, 09:21 AM
True with what Jeremy says.....motivation comes from within. Women (me!) like a defined body - isn't nothing better (gee hope your a man for this opinion!) than seeing a well defined body. (I love pecs and arm muscles)! But if you are a women....trust me....guys like seeing a well defined bod too! I have to have my own music since gyms usually for the most part play what EVERYONE (so they think...) wants to hear. I make my own cd's but Def Lepard (sp ck) has come good "funk" to work out to. Working out takes the time and dedication but the PAY OFF is worth it. Just make sure you ad cardio.....something I seem to lack doing but really going to put the effort into.
jaypaco
jaypaco
United States
2002/03/11, 07:16 PM
been making my own tapes for 10 years. Mine are the 50/60 rock and roll. Exercising to "rock around the clock""johnny be good". Yes I'm a old healthy guy and still kickin.
Peace
haggis
haggis
Canada
2002/03/10, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the POSITIVE comments. I'm on my way .....
jaypaco
jaypaco
United States
2002/03/11, 07:12 PM
Advise from an old gym guy. Old because I started back in 68. Keep a weekly chart. Set up weekly how may exercise points you want during that week and go for it! If you fall off the horse/chart get back on. Every month increase the number of points/duration of exercise. Everyone slacks off once in a while.
Peace
haggis
haggis
Canada
2002/03/12, 08:12 AM
jaypaco.....Thanks for the hints/tips. I've managed to get my chart off the PC this week, and had a great workout yesterday. I feel more motivated having the info with me so that I know my routine. That alone will help me achieve some of my goals. I'm going to put some upbeat music together that will get me going. By the way your number (age) is not old - you're only as old as you feel and by the sounds of it your pretty young. Keep at it.
Haggis
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/12, 10:59 AM
Haggis, welcome to ft! Glad you are finally on your way to probably a change in lifestyles. If you ever need any motivation, feel free to get it here...free!

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**