Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Cycle off protein?

ar4zero
ar4zero
United States
2007/07/28, 10:52 PM
I know with different supplements it is best to cycle off them for a set period of time. I was wondering if this is true with protein powders. I know protein is in a lot of our food, but is it best to go off the protein supplements for awhile and let the body get protein from whole foods? Thank you.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/07/29, 09:24 AM
Welcome to FreeTrainers! Fill out your profile, please.

Whole foods should be your primary source of protein anyway. There is no need to cycle off protein powders, unless there are added ingredients like testostrone boosters or something like it in there.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/07/29, 12:51 PM
It is still nice to have a profile updated so we can see your goals and know who we are talking too.

No need to cycle off of the basic protein powders.

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/08/02, 12:06 PM
Protein is one of the nutrients your body uses regularly. Protein, carbs and fats. Eliminate one and 'issues' could most certainly arise.

This has been bantered around many times, protein cycling. In my estimation, it makes little sense. The theory is that when you resume, your body will supercompensate protein intake. I personally don't buy it, there is absolutely no 'science' to back this up.

Just more 'dogma' someone trying to relevant came up with in my estimation.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer