Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

cardio with a baby

jadens_mama4703
jadens_mama4703
United States
2004/01/09, 11:36 PM
i have a 9 month old boy and right now he's sick so ican't go outside for cardio. does anyone have advice on what to do if you don't have any equiptment and a sick child not to go outside?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/01/10, 02:44 AM
Yes, put on your favorite music and DANCE!!
Jump, dance, move, laugh and your little boy will be so surprised that he'll start laughing too (and that's a great remedy to fight any illness! ;o)
Great cardio and great fun!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/10, 01:08 PM
You can also go through a series of calisthenics to get your heart rat up.

--------------
It's not what we eat or drink occasionally, but what we consume on a daily basis that determines our ongoing level o health.

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author
Mommy_Cherub
Mommy_Cherub
Canada
2004/01/16, 12:26 AM
I have a 3 month old and find wokring out at times difficult myself. I am breast feeding as well so going to the gym is not always the easiest. When I can't make it out I have been doing workouts at home to tae boxing.pilates and the reebok tramploline. 20 minutes on the trampoline is quite an intense cardio workout.
Hopefully that may be useful!Good Luck!
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2004/01/16, 08:32 AM
I have a special abs workout I've been doing with my daughter since she was very small (she's a big 2 1/2 yrs old now lol) I lie on my back on the floor, pull up my knees to my chest and she lies on her tummy on my shins facing me. I hold her hands and straighten out my legs as far as possible, then bring them back repeating this over and over until I get an incredible burn! And whats best - she just loves this and I probably work harder than I would have in a normal ab workout because she has so much fun.

I also like Nina's dancing idea - fun and good for you!
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2004/01/16, 01:04 PM
SWEEP carpets and hardwood floors!

Find a huge place that has a hard wood floor or patio or anything like that and sweep like crazy. Garages or anything.

I swept out my garage yesterday and it was a pretty good little work out. I was sweating and it felt great! Might just start doing it every day for the heck of it.
laneylou
laneylou
United States
2004/01/16, 01:07 PM
I_Am-azon that's the cutest idea. I've seen people in my family doing that but didn't even think of it as being exercise. LOL Was always just a natural sweet thing to do for the baby. :)

I love dancing! That's like the best way in the world to lose weight. hehehe Especially if you do like square dancing or swing or something that's very aerobic type dancing. 'Course that Madonna type stuff moving your hips around and things is great for the abs too! hehe ;)