Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Body piercing?

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
sypress
sypress
Canada
2003/04/29, 09:52 PM
I was just looking for some feedback on body piercing.What do you like about yours? Where did you get it? Did you have any problems? Im currently trying to lose a ton of weight but was thinking of maybe getting a piercing when i get smaller and more toned. Possibly a belly piercing and or eyebrow piercing. And maybe if i get brave a tongue ring some where down the road. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2003/04/30, 02:32 AM
I have a tongue, navel and rook (weird ear one), two ear cartillage and six lobe piercings. The most painful was the rook, it also took the longest to heal. After navel piercings, no hot tubs, lakes or swimming pools for at least six months. The problem with training and piercing is that sweat can irritate a healing piercing, especially eyebrows and navels. A piercing can sometimes catch on clothes, especially if you're active, and there's nothing more painful than a good tug on your navel ring! You have to be absolutely dilligent about keeping them clean if you don't want big trouble. Also, they hurt more if they get infected than the original needle does. Go to a reputable piercer and get more information, or e-mail me if you have any questions. I love my piercings because they're not what you'd expect on a "good girl" like me!

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/04/30, 08:33 AM
I have only the ears pierced. Can't pierce anything else do to military, but I would love to have my belly button pierced. I think that it has a little innocent flirtiness to it. Wow, I didn't know that much was involved in naval piercings though. I may have second thoughts on that one.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/04/30, 10:18 AM
I also have my rook pierced! Its quite a rare piercing. I also have two lobe piercings in each ear, and a naval piercing. I'm thinking of an inner helix piercing this summer...

--------------
*My body only feels good when it burns!
*Little voice telling you to quit? Put your fingers in your ears!
*"Life shrinks or grows in proportion to one's courage"
sypress
sypress
Canada
2003/04/30, 10:39 AM
thankyou for your replys.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/04/30, 11:43 AM
OUCH!!!!

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2003/04/30, 11:57 AM
Oh, come one mutt, it's not that bad...the needles are pretty big, though!

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
drio
drio
United States
2003/05/01, 11:34 AM
I've got the norm ear piercing.. but also a nipple piercing. Love it. (and find piercings VERY attractive on women) At first you'll need to clean it quite often to fight off infection.. but i've had mine for about 8 years now and it requires no special care. A good product for cleaning piercings is called "Hibiclense", my spelling might be off a bit.
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/01, 01:48 PM
That's it, I am getting my belly button pierced! Don't tell Ron!!!!! LOL

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/05/01, 01:51 PM
I think pierced belly buttons are so darn sexy :o) but I've been hesitant to get mine pierced 'cause I'm such a clumsy girl <smile>....No telling what sort of injuries I would sustain from it <smile>

But I might have to ride the band wagon on this one :o) and go for it <smile>
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/01, 01:54 PM
Being the devil's advocate (as usual), I don't find piercings attractive at all. But my 2 cents....LOL

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Miyu
Miyu
United States
2003/05/01, 01:59 PM
A friend of mine does piering and she maintains a FAQ on her website http://www.piercingexquisite.com/ Be really careful about where you go and take care of any piercings that you do get. If you don't bad things will happen... read the FAQ and be safe!

--------------
The ethical as such is the universal, and as the universal it applies to everyone... -- Kierkegaard
drio
drio
United States
2003/05/01, 02:11 PM

============
Quoting from jefado:

I think pierced belly buttons are so darn sexy :o) but I've been hesitant to get mine pierced 'cause I'm such a clumsy girl <smile>
=============

LOL my ex had her belly button pierced and she'd often catch it on her jeans... but she had a loop with a tiny chain.. which of course made it much more prone to accidents.

I've only hurt myself a couple times due to my piercing. It always seems to happen when I'm side-stepping through a doorway or something... and catch it on the doorway. OW! Happened one day at the office, and no one here knows I have it.. I had to bite my lip to not yelp out.. would have been tough to explain to people there. =)

Oh and the great thing about them is.. if you decide you don't care for it.. just take it out and it will heal up.

--------------
Dont wait! Procrastinate NOW! =)
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/05/01, 02:28 PM
:o) Good to know that it'll heal...I change my mind every 10 seconds....a woman's prerogative you know :o)
sypress
sypress
Canada
2003/05/01, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone. Miyu, thanks for the website i will check it out!
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/05/02, 08:40 AM
My piercist has told me that if u don't like it, not to take it out till its healed cos you'll just let the infection in.
Saline solution that you use on contact lenses makes a good cleaner, cos its sterile but not too harsh.
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/05/02, 02:04 PM
Ok. What is the rook?

I had a navel ring, and it didn't hurt one bit at all. I didn't even realize it was done when the guy told me to get up. But it ended up being a mess. I liked the look, but I had too many problems with it "shifting". I ended up with a nice scar where it "moved" from where it was originally put in. It never healed in 8 months. Then, one night, it got caught on the waist band of my pajamas when I turned over and it ripped so much that it was hanging by the smallest piece of skin. I had to just take it out at that point. I've been told since then that it was not done correctly. I was a bit heavier, so I was told that I should have had a barbell so it would lay flat. Instead they had put a hoop in, which tried to lay flat anyway when I sat down, causing the "moving" and inability to heal.

I would like to have the navel done again, but I'll wait until I'm in the shape I want to be before even deciding if I want to try it again.

My ears used to have three piercings on each side and the left ear at the top. All of those have grown shut now except two piercings at the bottom of each ear, and that's fine with me. :)

--------------
~Jennifer
http://www.gwindalyn.com
If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
drio
drio
United States
2003/05/02, 03:03 PM
The rook is one of the folds inside your ear... usually done near the top of that inner fold.. where the skin is closer together.

--------------
Jello53
Jello53
Canada
2003/07/12, 12:52 AM
To me, piercings are a turnoff :P
ColdER
ColdER
Slovakia
2003/07/12, 01:49 AM
agree with jello - and is stupidity :) it has smt. to do with acupuncture, so you piercing can permanent stimulate points on your body and in "lucky" case - you may have serious problems like headache ... :P
padua
padua
United States
2003/07/13, 11:20 AM
when piercing was underground i thought it was cool and sexy.....but everybody has them even grandmothers and that is when you know that they are played-out...they are no longer cool...the only cool once are the once no one knows about and you are not telling about....
sypress
sypress
Canada
2003/07/13, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your replies. I have a lot of weight to lose before i even consider any piercings. Im still unsure if i will or not. I think i will decide once i lose all my weight. It may take me a year or more so i have lots of time to make my desicion.

--------------
You can do anything you set your mind to!

5\"6
Highest weight 215.6 lbs October 22/02
Current weight 194.6 lbs
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/14, 04:56 PM
Something else to think about as far as piercings and tattoos....how are you going to feel about them when you are 70 years old? And how much will they have stretched?

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/07/15, 11:50 AM
Honestly I'm still happy w/ my tattoo (maybe because it's on my back; I'm not forced to look at it all day, every day); I've had it for close to ten years. But I had my navel pierced years ago, before I even got the tattoo; it healed fine but my hb (bf at the time) used to complain because it had a funky smell (and yes I DID keep it clean! ROFL), and he was right, it did - and then I took it out when I was pregnant for obvious reasons and six, seven years later I still have a round hole over my belly button that isn't too attractive. Glad I didn't permanently scar my nipples, or anything, um, else. I thought the navel ring was cute, especially since I had one when they were still sort of daring, but honestly it wasn't worth the scar.
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/07/17, 10:29 AM
Its all about sex.
& I think some really over-do it. The new belly button thing is pretty cool, but most of the lips, nose, tonge stuff isnt to cute. (turn-off)
I saw I dude walking down a street in K-Town Germany with a freak-n full size 8 ball stuck in his ear lobe (what a freak)

============
Quoting from sypress:

I was just looking for some feedback on body piercing.What do you like about yours? Where did you get it? Did you have any problems? Im currently trying to lose a ton of weight but was thinking of maybe getting a piercing when i get smaller and more toned. Possibly a belly piercing and or eyebrow piercing. And maybe if i get brave a tongue ring some where down the road. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.
=============

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/07/18, 01:54 PM
some people split their tongue half-way so that it looks like a snake's tongue-uuuugh! now that is a total turn off.
inmyblood
inmyblood
United States
2003/11/13, 01:31 PM
i was back reading some stuff, when i found this.

if you are looking for useful information on piercings and tattoos, go to bmezine.com. they will have everything you need for every type of body modification. this may not be suitable for the weak-stomached.

as far as piercings go, i am not a big fan. i had a navel ring, a nipple piercing, and still have a variety of ear piercings. piercings just aren't my thing.

navel piercings can be a real pain to care for, as there is a lot of movement and such that can prevent healing. sweat is definitely a big factor as well. mine took close to a year to fully heal because of sports and other activities. they get caught on stuff and really aren't worth the trouble.
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2003/11/13, 03:08 PM
22 PIERCINGS BY AGE 20.

I had my navel and nose pierced when I was 16, tongue at 18, nipples and a 12 gage bar going through the cartilage on the top of my ear two times when I was 19. Oh yeah, I also had each side of my bottom lip pierced at 19 too. And, 12 piercing on my ears.

I didn't have to many problems with them except that I out grew them so took everything out and you can see a whole just above my belly button...that really bothers me. I think belly buttons that aren't pierced are beautiful and I will never have that now. I got into a car accident and my tongue ring chipped my two front teeth...luckily it was fixable and isn't noticeable now. Now that I'm 27 I'm starting to think about bearing children and wonder if the holes in my nipples will cause problems with breast feeding...you know with scar tissue and all.

I was so into my piercings when I was younger...I loved them. Never thought I would live the day to regret the holes I put in my body.
sypress
sypress
Canada
2003/11/15, 12:54 PM
thanks for your replys everyone. My girlfriend recently got a peircing so im see how it goes for her. But i am getting older so who knows. I still have a long way to go with weight loss. Have a good day.

--------------

5\"6
Current weight 190 lbs
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2003/11/16, 04:45 PM
I recently had my eyebrow, ear, and nipples done. Didn't really hurt at all. My nipples are the only ones I wonder about if I take them out (will they still be kinda swollen or not) but other then that I think I can live with a little dent like hole near my eyebrow and on my ear.
em18
em18
Spain
2003/11/21, 12:27 PM
My friend had a piercing done in her eyebrow and it went septric is was really gross, loadsa a pus yuck :0X
The only piercings i have are in my ears, in the normal place..the lobes! I had them done when i was 16. I would quite like to get my navel done, i think its very sexy...I have one child of 2yrs now..and if i ever have any more children i would have to take it out :o(

--------------
You never fail until you stop trying!
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/11/21, 03:36 PM
I have wanted to get my eyebrow pierced for about 5 years. I think that is strangely attractive. But I wonder if I am too old to do something so trendy. Hubby wouldn't like it, but now that he is in Iraq I am tempted. Fireloard, if I didn't like it, would it be a big deal to just take it out and let it heal?

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
drio
drio
United States
2003/11/23, 12:20 AM
I think eyebrows heal up very well and aren't noticable. One of my friends, who is a school teacher, has a cute TINY TINY stud in her nose. It looks oddly elegant, if you can believe that. (if you're looking for something subtle and descreet)

A great product for cleaning fresh piercings is called "Hibiclense".. I've had my nipple pierced for like 8 years now. Never had a problem. Love it. Funny thing is.. I've managed to hide it from my parents all these years. =) (even though I'm 29!) Some things never change. hehehe

--------------
NaberAber
NaberAber
United States
2003/12/05, 01:52 AM
DON'T DO IT!! :)
I did the whole tattoo on my 18th birthday thing and I regret it now. I am a 26 year old female with two tattoos and a tongue piercing(now out)....someone said this before "played out" which I think it true. I mean it only makes sense when your in high school or "maybe" college...after that...just regrets. I don't even have crazy tattoos either. Just two that can be easily hidden. I just think they are stupid now. I miss my bare flawless skin on my back..now, to me, it is just this big "stain" on my back - And the tongue ring thing USED to be cool until EVERYONE has one now..you see all these crazy chicks at bars and clubs going around clanking those damn things in their mouths...annoying. Dunno, just my say :)
sypress
sypress
Canada
2003/12/05, 02:23 AM
Thanks, the more i hear the less inclined i am to get anything done, i am getting older ill be 30 next year YIKES!( not that its that old yet , but to me it is lol). Maybe it was just a spur of the moment thinking of mine. And you are right a lot of people have peircings now, its not very unique anymore but i guess each to his own. I won't truely know if i still want a peircing until i lose all my weight and maintain it for awhile then i will make my final desicion. Thank you again everyone for all your input you have been very helpful and let me see all sides of the picture.

--------------

5"6
Current weight 190 lbs
bardrock69
bardrock69
United States
2003/12/05, 01:38 PM
azredhead, I think it would be fine if you did it. I think it might even be attractive. I love you. Cant wait to see you again.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/06, 02:28 AM
Hey...do it for yourself. No matter what you do to your body, it is yours. Some regret it, others, it becomes a part of who they are, no matter what age. If you are doing it for the trend, then you are losing out on the whole experience. You're the same person whether you go through with it or not. When you ask alot of people what they feel about piercings or tatoos, you'll get alot of different subjective views. So are you doing this for you or what other people might think? If its the latter of the two, then I strongly suggest you reconsider. I may not like the way certain piercings or tatoos look on people, but I would never judge someone by that. But the the 8-ball in the ear thing is pushing it a little...lol.

--------------
OPINIONS ARE LIKE BUTTHOLES, EVERYONES GOT ONE. NOW, SHUT-UP AND GROW!!!
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/12/08, 12:00 AM
It's ok hubby, you can call me by my name....lol. Well, I hope you don't hate it when you see me. I love you too.
Sypress-I got my first tattoo for my 39th birthday and my second one for my 40th. They are both small and meaningful to me. I don't regret it at all and will probably get more. I wouldn't go for anything big and gaudy, but to each his own. I love mine.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
bardrock69
bardrock69
United States
2003/12/08, 02:06 AM
Well then Victoria my love, I hope that I dont hate it either. I havent asked you yet if you have done it or not. I love you, too.
perfect_elise
perfect_elise
Romania
2003/12/09, 07:46 AM
I had my eyebrow pierced several years ago...it got infected and came out by itself eventually...I still have a little scar to remind me of the rebel in me...:D

The odd thing was, I had to wear a patch at work 'cause my boss told me she'd fire me if she sees the thing again! :D Pissed me off pretty bad at the time, but I wanted to keep my job. I upped the patch-companies' turnover by 47 % all by myself in a matter of months! ;)

My parents used to make fun of me saying all I needed was a leash to go through the ring tso I could be kept under control lol :D

drio
drio
United States
2003/12/09, 03:25 PM
I agree with Jdelts. Don't do it to be trendy... do it because YOU want them, not because you think other people will think it's hip.

--------------
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2003/12/09, 07:04 PM
Thanks Drio...good to have you back man.

--------------
WISE MAN SAY: ONLY FOOLS DON\'T LIFT
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2003/12/15, 03:13 PM
I pierced my ear when I was seventeen, it was a cool thing to do. I walked a part of the South African coastline for ten days, it's a wild area, the "greens" was cheap and it sort of just fitted in with everything.
I returned to continue playing rugby, but had the stud ripped through my lobe by my team mates. that was the end!
I no longer have any desire to pierce anything.
seanafox
seanafox
United States
2004/01/09, 11:19 PM
I have got my tongue, both nipples, and clitoris pierced, I've had them all about
2 years and they are strictly for stimulation to both me and my husband. We both
enjoy them and I've had no problems. I really like them because I know I've got them
and Its kind of like a special hidden kinkiness thats just for the both of us.
halfpint116
halfpint116
United States
2004/01/11, 11:02 AM
I have my ears pierced and my belly button and that is it for me. I think each to his own. For me personally, I don't think the eyebrows, nose, nipples, and tongue are sexy at all. I consider myself classy with just a little naughtiness inside (that I keep to myself) and I like to keep it that way. To much of one thing to me starts looking trashy. (Don't want to offend anyone that is just MY opinion) If I ever decide to get rid of the belly ring all I have to do is take it out and it will grow up.
sypress
sypress
Canada
2004/01/11, 11:36 AM
Wow thanks again for all your opinions and advice.Sorry I havent been on here for awhile. I definitely wouldnt be doing it to be "trendy" ... by the time i lose all my weight .... who knows the trend may have passed.I would be doing it for myself. But i have decided that i wont think about it anymore until i have lost all my weight and maintained for a bit.Then i will see how i feel about it. Thanks again everyone.

--------------

5\"6
Current weight 184.6 lbs
TRad
TRad
Canada
2004/01/23, 11:42 PM
The good thing about piercings as opposed to tattoos is that you can take out a piercing without having to worry about a noticable scar. Sure they do leave a mark, but not nearly as big as having 'Mom' removed via laser from your shoulder. I've had my nipple pierced for about 4 years before taking it out for a girlfriend and then having the hole partially grow over. It hurt like hell getting the hole in the first place so I wasn't about to re-open it again. That was about 3 years ago and I can barely see a mark unless I'm looking for it.

If YOU are interested in getting a piercing for yourself, then I say go for it. BUT, if you're getting your nipple done, make sure you're very relaxed....apparently the endorphin rush you get can ...um...make certain people...umm...*cough* faint like a wussy.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/01/26, 10:02 PM
uh huh uh uhh uh huh that rocks I want a tatoo of a but with a tatoo of a but on it. uh uhu huuh i said but

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/01/27, 08:33 PM
Jdelts was very correct when he said, do it for yourself. Everything ive done to my body (piercings and tattoos) has been for myself and i still love it. My friends got used to it that didn't like it, and the ones that love it, well they still love 'em.

Each one of my tattoos ive drawn so thats the only reason i have them, because ive designed them and they all have a special significance to me.

Now as far as the aftermath goes....
Labrets (lip) - leaves a scar and most people it doesn't go away on

Belly Button rings - scars on quite a few, and if you take it out at the beginning of pregnancy as you gain weight, it can tear get infected and bad times. Otherwise they're alright...

EyeBrow - Not enough skin or fat here, so your body tends to reject this particular piercing (it will slowly push it out of your skin over a period of years at the end of which you have to have it re-pierced). usually scars.

Tongue (personal experience) - I have it still, i love it, Do proper cleaning habits when you first get it done (everything they tell you to do), and after that keep up with the daily brushing of it and look at it every now and then. Don't do the whole lizard thing and stick your tongue out every five seconds...not attractive...most people are suprised to find that i have one bc i don't play with it constantly (which is a giant turnoff)...if it gets infected get it taken care of quickly....Oh and if you don't wanna chip your teeth acrylic balls are suggested....if taken out heals very quickly (30-45 mins)

Ear Lobe - nice, classic, heals not quickly but over time

Ear Cartillage - DO NOT let this get infected. Mine always stayed clean and i love it...but i had friends whose got infected and they were pissed. Their ear has a small permanent bump bc of the infection etc. Other people, it healed just fine.

Guaging - leaves serious problems...overall bad idea (this is the eightball in the ear concept)

Nipple rings - desensitizes the nipples. Keep clean, and itll be fine

Genitalia piercings...- Very dirty always have to clean this...plus it desensitizes it.....plz don't ever do this lol....

I have 3 piercings - Lobe, Cartillage, Tongue

But like i said.....always keep 'em clean....and do it for yourself...be selfish about it because if youre trying to please other people....you wont be TRULY happy.

--------------
w0rd.

-Eli
Leilita808
Leilita808
United States
2004/01/28, 09:06 AM
I had my tongue done and still have my belly button. How much pain for the nipple in comparison.
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last