Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Believe it or not a NEW Cardio question

thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2009/08/31, 08:49 PM
So, I know that I will probably get lambasted for even asking this question, but has anyone tried any cardio workouts for the wii?

Yes, I know it's a video game system, but I was wondering if anyone had any news regarding wii fit, or EA Sports, or Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, etc.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/08/31, 09:37 PM
We have a wii.. I haven't used the wii fit too much, but when I have, it gives you a sweat.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/09/01, 01:26 PM
Well one thing is for certain: Anything that gets your body moving will burn calories. Maybe integrating wii fitness into your cardio routine would help to spice things up.
drewzaun
drewzaun
United States
2009/09/09, 07:22 PM
I have played around with the WII Fit a tiny bit, mostly as a way to get my wife interested in moving.

I think it is a great thing for people who are new to working out, getting kids to think about working out, and every now and then good for active recovery for people who usually do more.

By far the most strenuous exercise on the Fit disk is running in place. There is also hula hooping and stair stepping, neither of which worked up a sweat, and I am in no great shape right now.

I think as a fitness routine it fails, but as a fun addition or active recovery session it works. And of course if it gets a loved couch potato up and moving then it is worth all the money...
2009/09/10, 10:59 PM
My husband and I don't have the fit but when we play tennis on the sport pack we work up a sweat.

A friend of mine finds that after a few rounds in the boxing ring she is sweating and sore the next day.:dumbbell:

--------------
madmama

It may be difficult but it is possible