Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Affordable/Cheap and Good Protein...

Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2008/07/23, 09:38 AM
Walmart... Never even thought to look there. Where in the store are the Protein Powder/Supplements usually at. I just checked online and didn't find anything.

Brick and Mortar Vs Online... Honestly, I don't care. I just want to get the best bang for the Buck. I'd rather spend money on my daughters than supplements for me. Are there any other recommendations for actually Where the best prices are usually found.

Thanks again..
Cliff
Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2008/07/23, 09:38 AM
Do you have a location/website that has this cheap?

Cliff

============
Quoting from asimmer:

Scivation Whey is also very affordable ;) and the chocolate is tasty.
=============
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/07/23, 11:10 AM

============
Quoting from wilburburns:

Walmart... Never even thought to look there. Where in the store are the Protein Powder/Supplements usually at. I just checked online and didn't find anything.

Brick and Mortar Vs Online... Honestly, I don't care. I just want to get the best bang for the Buck. I'd rather spend money on my daughters than supplements for me. Are there any other recommendations for actually Where the best prices are usually found.

Thanks again..
Cliff

=============

You'll find it close to the pharmacy. Most likely by the diet pills, or around there somewhere. Body fortress actually tastes pretty good, even in water. I like to make smoothies out of it at night when I'm craving that oh so delicious and naughty ice cream. Right now, I can buy it for $12.97. It comes in chocolate or vanilla.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/23, 11:40 AM
bodybuilding.com :)

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2008/07/23, 01:34 PM
i noticed it in wal*Mart the other day didnt suprise me though that place sells everything if they could they would probably sell explosives.
Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2008/07/22, 04:42 PM
OK, I have been searching the Forums for some Good Tasting/While affordable (read: CHEAP) Protein Drinks/ Brands.

Unfortunately, most of the Topics are OLD and likely have out of Date info. It's really to bad that I don't have enough knowledge in this area to know what's still relevant and what's not. So, here is what I think I have found and some questions I have.

For a complete Meal Replacement Muscle Milk gets Good Reviews for Taste. However, I'm not sure I would classify it as Cheap. The Originals are Fairly high in Calories, but I see a "Light" version in this brand. Are the "Light" versions still Good. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for the best place to purchase.

Now for just a general Pre or Post Workout Shake. This is where the real questions are.

BB1fit says he uses "What's ON SALE" during the Off Season, but then recommends http://www.giantnutrition.net/store/index.php?cPath=21 that from Giant, Which doesn't seem to be any Protein Powders at all.

I've seen others recommend allthewhey.com, and even other recommend trueprotein.com.

Allthewhey and trueprotein both seem to be comparable in price, but can anyone recommend the better tasting product.

Currently, what I think I'm considering are the following.
trueprotein.com - teamskip
allthewhey.com - Whey Protein Blend

I would really love to find a place that could or would sell smaller portions for a decent price. I really don't want to have to buy several pounds of something that I end up not being able to drink.

Any help appreciated..
Cliff
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/07/22, 05:53 PM
Body Fortress whey protein. $13 for 30 servings at Wal Mart. 52 grams of protein, at around 220 calories. Not the best for an actual meal replacement, but I use it post workout right now(I'm actually on a reduced calorie diet to shed those last few pounds before my honeymoon). I highly recommend Cytogainer if your looking for something that has more calories.
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2008/07/22, 06:01 PM
whey proteins the best there best flavor in my opinion is chocolate.
returnofplex- congrats on the marriage.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/07/22, 07:05 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/07/22, 07:09 PM
INteresting...I had not been on there in a long time, and hastily posted they do have protein. However, going there now, seems they no longer sell protein. Too bad, it was great stuff, great flavors.

Cheap would be 5 star from WalMart and the other brand they sell, cannot think of the name of it off hand. It is most certainly do-able for protein.

And I do use 'whats on sale' in the off season. No reason to buy expensive protein powders at that time. If an expensive one is on sale, I will buy it. Otherwise, WalMart will do. Vitamin Shoppe has some decent priced stuff if you are looking for a brick and mortar store.

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
=============

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/22, 07:42 PM
Scivation Whey is also very affordable ;) and the chocolate is tasty.
Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2008/07/23, 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.. I ran out to the Local WalMart at lunch and picked up a Tub of the Body Fortress "NEW! Super Advanced Whey Protein" Vanilla Flavor. I'll give it a try and see what I think..

This brings up a new question though...
According to the Label and Nutritional Info, http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/supplementfacts/044320.pdf , This contains small amounts of BCAA's and Creatine. While I hadn't planned on taking BCAA's or Creatine, How do the levels/amounts which are included compare to a true Dosage I could/should take if done individually?

Also, as a Side note, it appears as though "Cookies and Cream" and "Strawberry" are flavor options. I didn't see those in the store, have others found those flavors in the store...

Thanks Again,
Cliff
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/24, 07:18 PM
creatine 5g pre and 5 g post workout, or many just do 5g a day.

there is no set amt for BCAA's really...they will help keep you in an anabolic state.
Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2008/07/31, 02:31 PM
To Update....

I have been drinking the Vanill Body Fortress Protein from Wal-Mart for the past week or so... This stuff is good tasting and mixes well with water.

Thanks for the Great advice...

Cliff