Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Ab 911

k00la1d
k00la1d
United States
2001/11/24, 03:50 PM
My wedding is in 2 months and I'm not trying to really lose any weight but I have some fat around my mid-section I would like to shed before then. I do 30-45 min of Cardio 6 days a week and have tried everthing form the basic crunch to some off the wall things that didn't work. Any suggestions????
Philia2
Philia2
France
2001/11/25, 03:43 AM
Try to turn down your cardio a little. You said that you don't really have any weight to loose so maybe you cannot keep your muscles because you're catabolizing during your cardio. Make sure of getting enough proteins.
You'll see, when the body has the right bricks to build with, you'll get fast results.
Good luck and congratulation with your wed!
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/11/26, 09:56 PM
I would suggest weight training 2-3 times a week. Not to get big, but to increase your metabolism. Just use lighter weights. It is a proven fact that weight training increases your metabolism because muscle cells require more energy than fat cells. This means that more of the food you eat will be used for energy instead of storage in the midsection.

Drink a ton of water everyday. This may pose a "potty problem" if you have a job that will allow you to use the restroom only during certain times of the day. As a middle school teacher, it can be a problem at times, but well worth it.

Watch your diet. Do NOT eat fatty foods and/or foods high in sugar anywhere close to bedtime. This is a major no-no that some people can't seem to get through their heads. If you need a snack, eat something high in protein - chicken breast, etc. Also, avoid fast food; 'nuff said. We all know fast food is horrible for our bodies.

Best of luck to you! Congrats on the wedding! Hope all goes perfect......
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/12/09, 10:56 PM
Hey..I know what you mean about getting away from the classroom to use the restroom...Im a middle school teacher myself! I try to drink lots of water throughout the day...but I am really lucky...I usually have an assistant in my room...so I just run out when I need to! :)

sg