Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Depressed

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/12/23, 06:11 PM
I just found out that a guy I worked with has landed a job with a local gym chain as a salesman/personal trainer. I am depressed cause the job I have is not stable and I could get fired at anytime. I am even more depressed and pissed off cause I was thinking about applying for that as well. What stopped me you ask? Well the fact that at 300 I do not look the part, and am afraid to go thru the embarresment of applying. After all who would you goto the guy tht looks like he spends all day working out or the the guy that looks like he eats chips and cookies all day. I know I could do the job and love it but would not get hired. That bumms me out see ya.

----------------------------
TO DEADLIFT, OR NOT TO DEADLIFT, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
rkahl
rkahl
United States
2002/12/23, 06:28 PM
Powerlifters don't try to look like body builders. Maybe you are meant to be a power lifter type and not Arnold S. Why not be the best you can be with the genetics you have been given. It's like the old saying, " Preachers want to sing and singers want to preach." If I were training to be a power lifter I would hope a big guy like you were there to help me not some 3%bf body builder. Keep the faith man. Big shots are just little shots that keep on shootin. Dream big. I have read your posts and I know you have much to offer people.

--------------
Randy

*Excuses are the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.*

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/12/23, 07:03 PM
Keep your chin up Mutt...sometimes when it seems the worst, the besst thinga happen to you. Don't get down on yourself, I, too have read your posts many times, you have much to offer. The right thing will come to you. Best of luck to you and yours at this holiday season.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/12/23, 07:04 PM
Thanks..it is funny cause powerlifting is mostly how I train. I do add other strictly body buliding exercise, and I do not do a "real" powerlifitng routine. More of a marriage of the two. But thank you for the post it was grealty needed......LOL

--------------
TO DEADLIFT, OR NOT TO DEADLIFT, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/12/23, 07:18 PM
hang in there mutt i have learned many things from rading your posts and sure i will learn alot more when i get back at it..happy holidays....
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/12/23, 07:42 PM
You know, most of the people that work in sales at my gym don't look like the "gym" type. People who are uncomfortable with themselves and looking to change don't want to go to someone who looks like a greek god for help. Someone who is approachable and knowledgable will go farther than someone who looks the 'part' but isn't helpful. Apply for the job. Even if you don't get the position, you're no worse off than if you didn't apply. You never know, they might be looking for exactly what you have to offer.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/12/23, 09:47 PM
Hey Mutt, I agree 100% with effalunt. Get your application in there. The new person might not work out (make it). Then you might get an interview at least. Don't give it up...turn it up!

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/12/26, 09:36 PM
Many of the personal trainers at my gym don't "look" the part and they're still working and teaching classes and whatnot. So go on and apply! ;)