Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Let's talk about prohormones

kinarps
kinarps
Faroe Islands
2001/12/30, 09:36 PM
Recently I've heard alot of talk about Prohormones. I've never tried it myself, and I'm not sure if they are legal in my part of the world. I have seen alot of commercials in U.S magazines, where they seem to be perfectly legal to sell, as well on the internet. How "safe" and how "effective" are theese prohormones. Do they have the same side effects that anabolic steroids have?. I am thinking of buying a six week supply. Would appreciate comments from somone who has had some experience with them.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2001/12/31, 06:08 AM
Wow, thats's a BIG topic, but let's see what we can do... Presenting your crash course in Prohormones:

4-ANDROSTENEDIONE is a direct precursor to testosterone. It has been shown to increase testosterone levels by as much as 237%. It is highly androgenic and can impart male characteristics. It also can convert to estrogen and DHT.

4-ANDROSTENEDIOL is the most potent testosterone precursor. Up to 300% more effective than 4-Androstenedione. In addition, it is highly anabolic with less androgenic effects than Androstenedione.

5-ANDROSTENEDIOL is sold in Europe as a steroid under the name METHANDRIOL in the 17-alpha-form. 5-Diol has three important functions. 1) it binds to receptor sites making estrogen unavailable for normal production. 2) it blocks cortisol production. Cortisol is a stress hormone that is responsible for muscle catabolism. 3) 5-Diol protects the body from infectious disease and contributes to a higher level of immune protection. It also has the ability to increase the effectiveness of the other pro-hormonals.

19-NORANDROSTENEDIONE is an androstenedione with a carbon molecule missing in the 19th position. It converts to Nor-Testosterone (Nandrolone) in the liver. Nandrolone is the base ingredient in the popular steroid, Deca Durabolin. Nandrolone is the compound responsible for the anabolic properties that produce the increase in protein synthesis through its heightened affinity to steroid receptors. Nor-Testosterone eliminates most of the unwanted androgenic side effects associated with testosterone boosters.

19-NOR-4-ANDROSTENEDIOL also converts to Nandrolone in the liver, but uses a more efficient enzyme pathway ( 16% conversion rate vs. 6% for the 19-norandrostenedione). Another advantage is it has a low ability to convert to estrogen and DHT. Extremely anabolic and is the most effective of all the pro-hormonals.

19-NOR-5-ANDROSTENEDIOL has been discontinued by most companies and is not recommended by itself or in a stack. It has a low anabolic effect and can be converted to estrogen.

As far as effectiveness goes, it depends on you and your body. Look, nothing legal gives the same results as analbolic steroids. Prohormones MAY be able to help you in some repects, but nothing will ever replace eating like a moose and training like a lunatic. It's up to you to do it.

As far as safety goes, I'm not going to give any opinion on it. Let's just say I don't like anything screwing with my endocrine system!

Good luck...................Michael
Philia2
Philia2
France
2001/12/31, 07:22 AM
Wow, great to have an expert among us. Great job Michael!!
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2001/12/31, 08:12 AM
My husband used a varity of the legal andro's ( don't remember which ones)for about three months ( $$$$$$$$$). Yes he saw an increase in strength and size during that time. Nothing dramatic though. After he stopped using them the some of size and strength seemed to diminish. We decided that the results were something achievable with hard training and good diet (and a few supplements).
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/12/31, 09:34 AM
If you've been training for a while and you've seemed to hit a wall, of course you're going to change something. When changing your workout, supplements, and/or diet doesn't seem to be enough and your body needs something extra, that may be the time to consider using prohormones. Honestly, I just got off a 5 week cycle of andro and I really didn't notice a big change. I've changed my workout routine and eating frequency and I've gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks. High intensity workouts combined with a solid diet is key.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/12/31, 12:26 PM
Nothing can replace hard work..

however, if you make a search for Nortesten (NorAndro) you will find that I have had good results with the product. But I must tell you that I trained like an animal, basic and heavy, with 6-7 meals a day and atleast 8 hours of sleep a day.

Good Luck.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
kinarps
kinarps
Faroe Islands
2002/01/04, 02:41 PM
Thanks alot for the comments, I think I will stick to hard training and eating like a horse, with some basic supplements, like creatine and glutamine.
Thanks again guys and girl :)
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/01/04, 08:27 PM
I use Beverly Nutrition products and decided to give ZMA a try http://www.bodybuildingworld.com/pricelist/BEV_ZMA.html
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/01/06, 07:08 PM
Well i tried a prohormone supplement called Androstat150 by pinnacle and the only results that I received was a low tolerance level and some increased energy. I wouldn't really recommend them to anyone.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/01/06, 11:22 PM
MuscleRage: I'm just curious - did you follow the exact directions when you took Androstat 150's or did you try to take more/less than directed?

I just went off a cycle of the Androstat 100 poppers and I doubled the dosage. Sure, it sounds kind of nuts, but it worked great in higher dosages. The bodybuilders and trainers I talk to recommend taking more than the directions say. The directions are printed for safety reasons just like on steroid bottles, but they can always be changed to fit your needs. Just use caution and don't be stupid, of course.

*I am by no means telling anyone to disregard the directions on anything! Everybody'd body is diferent and react to things differently - adjust for your body.