Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

This site is a farce

workoutnow
workoutnow
United States
2002/04/09, 01:36 PM
I just joined this site yesterday and is deeply disappointed.
The site led me to believe that an exercise plan would be
personalized for me. I indicated that I only have free weights
to use. Yet the plan has me using gym equipment that I do
not own. The description was slow to access and not possible to
download. Additionally, the nutrition plan was non existent.

What's up with that? Are there people out there that really
use this site? How do you deal with the short comings?

I guess there is no such thing as "free". I should have known
better. Lesson learned.
francs
francs
United Kingdom
2002/04/09, 01:47 PM
oh. I guess you took the thing the wrong way. I believe the nutrition plan gives you a rough idea on how much of each macronutrient to eat and ur ideal daily calorie intake for your goals.

Plus the workout plans can be changed. Most (if not all)exercises can be "adapted" to free wheigts or substitued with movements that stimulate the same muscle group in a similar fashion.

I am new too. But the heart of this site is the ppl.
They are great and supportive. You will see that soon some will post a message for you and its always at least a warm welcome.
Its free, and its done GREAT to be a free thing. Rejoice, dont complain too much. ;0)

--------------
Fran
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/09, 02:21 PM
Welcome to ft! Sounds like you're having some problems...

Okay, let's deal with them one at a time. First, what specific gym equipment does your workout list? I'm sure we'll be able to get you an alternative.

Second, the descriptions are not downloadable in a sense. However, you can "cut and paste" the text instructions into a Word, MS Write or WordPerfect document.

Third, the speed of your access may be a function of the speed of your modem/connection to the internet or possibly your browser version. Which browser are you using now and what version? Also, how fast are you connected to the net?

Last, what exactly are you trying to do with the nutrition program? Are you just interested in what your daily intake should be or actually want to track daily?

I'm sure we can help you solve your problems. Please don't give up on us so quickly before we've had a chance to help you...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/04/09, 02:22 PM
First of all.. you have made a grave error. Please consult with one of the moderators or Staff before making such accusations.

Which machines were you given to use?

How is the description to slow to access? How much simpler can it be going from week to day?

The descriptions were not made to be downloaded. Simpy print the screen if you wish to do so.

The Nutritional plan is the best that I have come across on the internet. You get EXACTLY what to eat.. as well as a monitor to tell you if you are eating correctly.

Read the message boards and the hundreds of success stories.

I hope other members can back me up with my defence of the greatest health and fitness site on the net! Including the best Community.

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/04/09, 06:04 PM
no short comings here check out my before and after pics and i am going to get better and better thanks to ft.........
JimH
JimH
United States
2002/04/09, 09:22 PM
Hi. I joined yesterday, and have already used the workout program that was given to me. Sure a couple of them require gym equipment, but i can subsitute them with other exercises. I use free weights, and have no problem with what i have seen. I'm going to have my wife and son join, so we can work out together when we can (i work nights). I think the site is great.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/10, 03:32 AM
Wow, this is the first time we are having somebody who is NOT happy with the exercise programs.....

Errrr I guess with all those satisfied people in here, you might have been doing some mistakes (and took some too fast conlusions).

You are in a gold mine of great informations and marvelous people all ready to help you. Now if you want to join us you are still welcome....

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
LtDunbar
LtDunbar
United States
2002/04/10, 06:27 AM
I'min my third week with FT. Are there a few things I have to modify in the workout program FT gives me? Yeah, sometimes. But is FT a farce? Come on. Give it a chance. What I needed was help organizing my workouts -- what muscle groups do I work, when and in what order to maximize results; and support. FT has come through for me, and I hope you give it a chance to do the same for you. The people here are fantastic -- informed, interested and supportive. Give FT a couple weeks. What do you have to lose?
ssjslsdd
ssjslsdd
Canada
2002/04/10, 07:42 AM
I have been hanging around this site for about 4 months now and I think it is great.I do not follow any exersise program that is offered on the site, I do my own thing, but I do get all the advice I need right here. These people can only guide and modivate you. You have to find out what exercises work for you. Man if you are limited to equipment, make up your own exercises. sean......
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/10, 02:27 PM
Well, I guess he's gone! I guess the guy expected too much and didn't even have a point of reference. Has he even compared this site to another? Hmmmm....I wonder...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/04/10, 02:31 PM
Some people just plain suck. Wouldn't spend too much time worrying.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
pwei
pwei
United Kingdom
2002/04/11, 05:47 AM
Sorry Going to have to defend this site! this site is what websites should be! People helpin people! What did that gut expect! for someone to jump in his car or hers .... sorry! drive round there everyday take him to the gym etc etc! Really!!! The info on this site is there to HELP us/you/me. after a couple of weeks you can then sit back and see where else you can improve! This site will never be perfect! but it is very very good!

--------------
used to be pweibj! but wanna work in kg!
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/04/11, 11:37 AM
I knew I would livin' up the support here! Thanks everyone.

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
vinni
vinni
United States
2002/04/11, 05:07 PM
MAybe he did'nt really won't to workout
natk_payne
natk_payne
United Kingdom
2002/04/22, 11:28 AM
yep I would say he is a lazy arse snob and he obviously can't be bothered replying or finding out how to edit his personal programme so its his loss cause I have just started the programme and think its great
muscles-AU
muscles-AU
Australia
2002/05/03, 04:21 AM
He guys I have only started here last week Been lifting for years And Iam a member of another site!I hope you dont mind!Your site is equally as good!It's just alittle familiarization with the system setup.

You are probably better of without him!You can't please them all!

--------------
No pain No gain!So keep lifting to failure!