Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Diebeties (type two)

mcneice
mcneice
Australia
2002/11/04, 02:34 AM
Hi,
My name is Jim McNeice and I have never done this before.
Does anybody know if training with weights helps type 2 diebetes?
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/11/04, 06:45 AM
Yes it does...hopefully BB1FIT chimes in as his wife works out and she has some form of diabetes...we are one big family here. Trust me, working out is only going to make things better, not worse, as long as you work out safely (not go in and raise too much when you are beginning, etc)
Good Luck with your responses!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/04, 12:59 PM
Yes, she has type 2 also. I will email you her address. Feel free to write her and ask her her experience. Very, very positive. No medication, no insulin, rarely even checks her blood sugar any more. Very in tune with her body. The high protein diet is excellent. Best of luck and health....check your mail on this site.
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2002/12/28, 01:22 PM
Hi Jim, I also am a type two diabetic and have been working out for about 11 months now. No more meds here due to a good workout program and diet. I am 43 years old and have been a diabetic for about 5 years now. I look forward to going to the gym because each time I work out I know that it is helping keep me in a healthy state that keeps me from sticking needles in my belly and popping those meds that I hate so. I lost weight, gained muscle mass and I am now training to do my first bodybuilding show in May. Be careful that once you get started with your workouts that your sugars don't dive. Take your sugar testing kit and glucose tablets to the gym with you as when I first started this I had more trouble with my sugar dives. I did find that taking a post exercise drink before the gym kept my sugars regulated with no dives. I know this is supposed to be a after workout supplement but with diabetes I find that it is good for me to be up a little before I go just so that I don't get those nasty dives. My advice, go to the gym and work out to your hearts content it can only help you.