Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Seeing results Glutes program

Missa
Missa
United States
2002/05/02, 02:00 PM
I'm in the middle of my third week and thought I was in relatively decent shape, but haven't really seen much improvement yet. I tend to focus on how my legs and glutes look and not on the rest of my body. I checked off the legs and glutes program in my profile, but don't really feel like I am getting enough leg workouts. I have the program set for 4 days a week right now and have been doing cardio at least 2x a week as well. Will the program change? I understand I need to work out the whole body, but want to see the most benefit in the legs/glutes region. Any hints would help!

fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/02, 05:22 PM
Hrmm only 3 weeks.. it could actually be shaping up but its so little that you just don't notice yet.. taking before/after pictures or measuring them would help.. I don't do the thighs/glutes program but I would guess maybe it has squats in there somewhere or front squats.. When you do something like squats make sure your going down to parallel and that should give you a pretty good 'stretch' feeling in your legs.. then then come back up and squeeze the muscle at the top of the movement (i'm not really sure if this would really be the best way to go at it for maybe 'toned' legs I just usually do this because I notice ronnie usually holds out for a few seconds on things like deadlifts and front squats in a video clip I saw of him)
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/05/02, 07:25 PM
I had really good results with that programme ... and I don't think I've ever hurt so badly after a leg day! Try increasing your poundages. Legs can take a lot of abuse, so don't be afraid to lift heavy ...
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/05/02, 10:04 PM
Others around you will notice results before you will. Your body is gradually 'transforming' itself and it usually takes a pretty significant change for you to notice. Don't worry - just stay consistant and you'll be hitting your goals in no time!

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/03, 01:37 AM
It's funny, you don't want to work with your upper body, but I'm sure that it's what you need....

I'll explain you something. WE women are automatically stronger on the lower body than on the upper one and that's why we have to work differently when weight training. Fewer reps for the arms and more reps for the legs.
If you want to shape your body and increase your metabolism then don't "forget" one body part and definitely not as important as the complete upper body......

Now your legs. Rome wasn't build in one day and your legs will not change in three weeks either. Paaaaatience!!!!
I don't know how many times weekly you work your legs, but my suggestion is to do it at least twice. AND cardio at least 3-4 times weekly.
Don't be afraid to lift heavy, but keep the number of reps up to 15-20. Loooots of deep bum squats and lunges.
This hurts!!!!!! BUT you'll get great results.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/05/03, 03:26 AM
I noticed some really good results with this program. I would agree with Nina, you need to increase your cardio. If you want to lose your weight, so cardio at least 4 times a week. The lunges work great too. That is where I think I felt the most burn. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

--------------
Lisa
Missa
Missa
United States
2002/05/06, 09:13 AM
Thanks all--

I actually did feel sore after my 3rd week leg exercise that included increased reps. I also repeated my leg workout last week and will now work out legs twice a week. So that now has me working out with weights 5 times a week and I will be doing cardio at least 3x a week. I am working out all parts of my body on the other days and am enjoying the workout plan. I'll also take the advice to lift heavier. Thanks all and I will keep you posted!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/07, 01:31 AM
I wish all the best results for you Missa!!!
Please keep us posted with your progress!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....