Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Long term ankle injury

Mozzzzza
Mozzzzza
United Kingdom
2002/04/21, 10:08 AM
Hello there,

Roughly two years ago I suffered an ankle injury on my right leg. I basically went over on it during sports. I never really went to the doctor but I know it broke/fractured. Two years later the ankle still hurts, especially when I am involved in sports, weight training, or my martial arts and will hurt for days afterwards. I was just wondering if anyone could help me and suggest any treatments for me, any excercises etc.

I do not have the time to have it put in a pot and be on crutches for 6 month's, so anything by that would be appreciated...thank you!

~ Steve
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/04/21, 10:24 AM
THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO HAVE A DOC LOOK AT IT AND GET IT FIXED BEFORE IT GETS WORSE SUCH AS ARTHRITIS,OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT......GOOD LUCK.........
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/04/21, 06:42 PM
Try flexibility exercises ... "draw" the alphabet with your big toe, in both upper and lower case to work on the range of motion.

Or go to the hospital and buy some rubber tubing used for rehabilitation. Hook one end of the tube under a chair or table leg and loop the other over your foot. Using the band for resistance, rotate your ankle "out" for reps, then switch and rotate "in" ... try 4 sets of 12 reps. Hope that makes sense (probably doesn't, so ask your doctor for a pamphlet on ankle rehab, it's explained better). I've done these exercises for *really* bad sprains, and my dad had to do them when he broke his ankle.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/22, 02:17 AM
Try working with your balance...... Get a small trampoline and do small jumps or just stand with one food. Another very simple but very efficiant exercise for your ankle is running in the sand with bare feet.

You should have seen a doc two years ago.....

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....