Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

new to this but motivated

Mrs.Smudge
Mrs.Smudge
United Kingdom
2013/06/10, 04:28 AM
Hi 

New to this but feeling motivated to change my lifestyle.  After a change of job and a few other major changes in life in general I decided that I needed to get my fitness sorted out as well.  Normal story been putting it off with one excuse or another!!!! but this morning decided enough was enough it's only me I'm letting down by making these excuses.

Goal is to lose about another stone in weight (with getting back to proper cooking I have already lost a stone) and get fitter.  Not looking to be a bodybuilder or anything like that just want to be fit and healthy and able to have more physical fun with my son instead of doing the lazy option !!!

Any help or adivce on how to get kick started and to keep it going will be gratefully received :-)

Thanks
Sue
chriswatson06
chriswatson06
United States
2013/06/10, 08:27 AM
Hi Sue and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. 

What is your plan for loosing the weight?

Chris
Mrs.Smudge
Mrs.Smudge
United Kingdom
2013/06/11, 02:11 AM
Hi Chris,

My plan is very simple really yougart and or toast for breakfast, soup or sandwich and fruit for lunch and a balanced meal in the evening.  The biggest change for me is going to be the fitness as I have used every excuse in the book over the last few years to do as little as possible.  

I know it's not going to be easy but I am motivated to make these changes, let me know if you think my plan will work? :)

Sue
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2013/06/12, 08:46 PM
Welcome Sue. You sound like you have the right idea. Remember, we all start out with lots of 'motivation'. Be careful of 'too much' motivation. By this I mean don't deprive yourself of everything right away. Tendancy is to cut out everything while the initial optimism is there, and after that period wears off, realize you can't maintain it. Drop things slowly, leaving your very favorite for last. If you make it to that point, then of course this means you are serious and you will do it. Best of luck to you.
Mrs.Smudge
Mrs.Smudge
United Kingdom
2013/06/13, 01:27 AM
Thanks

I'm also loosley basing it on calorie counting so can still have the things I like and beacuse I have got back into cooking it is helping as I tend to make all meals as healthy as possible (I make a mean fat free curry!!).  

With being able to check in on here, the support and even just readng through some of the other posts it is certainly helping.