Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Motivation

blackflamenco
blackflamenco
United States
2002/11/21, 10:13 PM
I keep procrastinating when wanting to go to the gym. I am needing and wanting motivation so that I can reach toward my goal to be physical fit.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/21, 10:21 PM
I mentioned this before in another post...keep a picture of yourself you hate with you. When you don't feel like going to the gym, pull it out and look at it. Do I want to look like this? Write down your goals, when the lazy bug strikes, pull it out and read them. Will I achieve these goals by sitting on the couch or going to the gym? Maybe even have a picture of a physique that you admire, that you want to look like also. Pull it out and look at it. Set your priorities. Procrasination will get you just where you are now at best, and maybe even worse. Set a gym time and stick to it. You can do it, good luck.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/11/22, 02:23 AM
Set a goal and know what you want. Now do you really want to get there?!!!!

Forget about the others, don't ever compare yourself but always concentrate about YOUR body and YOUR goal.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2002/11/22, 03:44 PM
Get a workout partner! Find someone that expects you to have your butt in the gym so that you can workout together. It's a lot easier when someone else is depending on you.
Or try scheduling your workout for the same time everytime. You'll progressively get used to it. Go on the way home from work if you can (and if you work, I guess).

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan