Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

why an i at a stand still!!!

BrendaAshlyn04
BrendaAshlyn04
United States
2009/01/19, 11:52 AM
just wondering i started working out about a month and a half ago and lost 4 lbs. (go me) i was really excited about that and being on a roll with losing the weight and now i am at a stand still and go from 148-149 i just recently started the weights with the exercise program that i got on here, i dont have a tape to see if i have lost inches so i am going with the scale. (bad choice i know) and i know i can get a tape for cheep but scared that the number is just going to get bigger. and i dont want bigger. i also know that muscle weighs more than fat, but shouldnt i see some weight loss. or does that just come in time? i am a very impatient person and want to see some kind of results soon, just figured after a month i should see something?!?!
BrendaAshlyn04
BrendaAshlyn04
United States
2009/01/19, 11:54 AM
Also i have been eating health too no more fried foods lots of veggies, tuna and meats.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/19, 01:08 PM
Keep going, your body is in adjustment..it takes time. Keep moving forward.

--------------
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Norman Vincent Peale

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training
BrendaAshlyn04
BrendaAshlyn04
United States
2009/01/19, 04:07 PM
i have another question.... my gym is real tiny its a rehab center so there is not all the equipment that most gyms have
so for my calf exers. what am i saposed to do or what can i do at home to get that done. and then for the triseps and biseps yeah i am weak i can even lift the bar what do you reccomend
============
Quoting from asimmer:

Keep going, your body is in adjustment..it takes time. Keep moving forward.

=============
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2009/01/19, 09:08 PM
For calves, a 2x4 and a couple dumbbells will work. Place the balls of your feet on the 2x4 (or you can use a thicker weight/plate) and hold the dumbbells at your sides. Now simply perform standing calf raises.

Strength is relative; just because you can't lift the bar doesn't mean a thing. For arms, if you don't have dumbbells use heavy cans of soup, milk jugs, bricks, small children - whatever you have lying around. You may also want to look into resistance bands. They take up very little space and you can use them anytime.

Keep rockin'. You have the determination (if you didn't, you wouldn't have posted your questions :) )Pick your chin up and fight until you reach your goals.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."