Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

There has to be spot training options

wookieneal
wookieneal
United States
2008/12/24, 08:43 PM
So, I know if I ask how to love my love handles, I will be told no spot training exists. However, my legs are cut, I have ab lines and average arms. I exercise a lot (yoga, pilates and just did an ironman). But my back and love handles don't look in shape and I'm looking for the best way to target these quickly. I do not enjoy lifting weights, so I'm looking for specific exercises so I can have a focused time in the weight room to address this area.

My current schedule (run, bike, swim, hike, yoga, pilates) works - but I need to add in a little help my back side.

thoughts?
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/12/24, 09:15 PM
It's your diet plain and simple!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!

My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1609

Squat 260x4
Deadlift 340x1
Bench 260x2
Overhead Press 170x2
V & T-Bar Rows 200x3
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/12/26, 11:10 AM
Yes, take a look at your diet, it's the most likely culprit. Do you do any lifts for your back specifically.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/12/26, 11:16 AM
A popular spot reducing exercise is the good ol' Table Push. Once you have consumed your total daily calorie intake, push yourself away from the table.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/12/29, 12:23 PM
Ah yes, the perfect compliment to my favorite kind of pull-ups(to the dinner table). Sounds like a good push/pull workout to me!

============
Quoting from TimDay:

A popular spot reducing exercise is the good ol' Table Push. Once you have consumed your total daily calorie intake, push yourself away from the table.

t

=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/12/29, 01:44 PM
If spot reduction was possible, wouldn't it have already worked for you? Surely you have tried or you would not be making this post. We have no magic exercise you have not thought of that will work. .

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

2008/12/29, 04:09 PM
Deep Squats for butt....with some moderately heavy weight...(something that's not easy to do)

Twists, Wood Choppers, Landmines, etc target obliques and can help strengthen these areas over time to help with love handles....

in general you should do a complete strength training program at least a couple times a week...you're missing out big benefits by skipping this form of training

fastest way ofcourse is surgery...

keep in mind that people have predisposition to gain fat in specific places individual to them.....and once u gain additional fat cells, they are with you for life barring surgery....they either shrink or increase in size depending on diet and exercise....that's why it's so easy to regain lost weight if you were once overweight....as well as the whole yo-yo dieting...