Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

waist help please

matthewscs
matthewscs
United States
2008/11/21, 12:13 AM
i have been a member here for a few months and i love all the help i have got here. I have come into a problem tho i have been adding fat to my waist very fast i have tryed working out more and walking up to 3 miles a day now and eating less eating less i cant seem to get the energy need to work out or get daily stuff done so im lost my goals were to get bigger just not in the waist lol any help will be great thank you for your time
dogsofwar2005
dogsofwar2005
United States
2008/11/21, 04:21 AM
If I am correct a good solid diet and do enough fat burning cardio a week to create a calorie deficit will get rid of your fat around the waist. Thats what I have been doing and I have also been lifting weights and lost around 2inches off my waist.
gangstershoes
gangstershoes
United States
2008/11/21, 10:07 AM
the calorie deficit and weight training advice is spot on from my standpoint. goodluck and welcome to FT.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/11/21, 10:46 AM

============
Quoting from matthewscs:

i have been a member here for a few months and i love all the help i have got here. I have come into a problem tho i have been adding fat to my waist very fast i have tryed working out more and walking up to 3 miles a day now and eating less eating less i cant seem to get the energy need to work out or get daily stuff done so im lost my goals were to get bigger just not in the waist lol any help will be great thank you for your time
=============
Did you use this site for your recommended amount of calories per day? It usually estimates way high. Try 10-12 calories per pound of body weight per day. Unless you are obese, this should be a good starting point. If you are creating a reasonable caloric deficit, you should be losing weight. I'd take a look at your diet for starters.
matthewscs
matthewscs
United States
2008/11/21, 11:15 AM
thanks for the info today i have signed up for a hiphop dance class due to high amount of calorie it burns so that will be my cardio for 3 days aweek and of course allways will hit the weights