Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Fat-cutters/weight-loss/etc.

DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/18, 07:50 PM
Anyone know of any good fat-cutters? I've heard hydroxycut works pretty well for some, and from others I've heard it does absolutely nothing.. Just as with a couple of other products the same. I'm just looking for something someone has physical evidence of it working.

I've been working more and eating healthy for about 5 months and now I'm looking for something that will cut those final few pounds of stomach fat so I can become more cut.. Thanks.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/11/18, 08:40 PM
You need cardio, not pills.

Read this:

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=13&t_ix=3467

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/18, 09:28 PM
I have plenty of cardio. Intense running sessions 4 days a week, phyiscally active through basketball every day, and aerobic excersizing as wekk. Just nothing seems to cut the last few pounds.. I've been at 182 for about 2 months now, and I still have fat over my abs that just isn't seeming to come off.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/11/18, 09:35 PM
If you feel you're doing enough cadio, then look to your diet. Even if you eat clean you still have to look at your timing. Eating the right foods at the wrong time can affect fat storage. Forget the scale, though. The mirror tells you everything you need to know.

--------------
--JBennett
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/18, 09:43 PM
exercising** - & I've read your points, and I highly agree that fat-cutters are not the way to go. But my back is to the wall here. I've switched my diet to higher protein, but everything else is still low, I exercise plenty, and I don't want to overdue cardio and reverse muscle growth. I mean, I could stay the same and they'll come off eventually, just much, much slower.. I don't really want to wait a matter of 3-5 months to finally reveal the muscle under the fat. And I need to get in basketball shape quick.. My 5 months of training didn't even come close to the physical demands of this year.. I need to be more lean.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/18, 09:56 PM
One question. Is there a such thing as not getting enough caffeine? and could this be preventing the loss of the last few pounds? I don't eat foods with caffeine, and I don't drink ANYTHING with caffeine.. So I don't get any caffeine... ever. But after reading up on a few articles tonight, I've gathered that caffeine may actually helps boost you in some way? Is this true? Or is it just that it gives you more energy to do things (Like cardio)?
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/11/19, 10:52 AM
This might sound bad coming from a trainer, but if you're hell bent on trying a pill, a lot of people have had good results from taking an ECA stack. That's ephedra, caffeine, and aspirin. You can get the pills that are properly proportioned so there's no guess work. I've tried it with some decent results, but it's certainly not magic. Just remember that it's a supplement. You're diet is absolutely paramount to your long term success.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/11/19, 05:22 AM
I drink a cup of hot organic green tea every morning - that's my caffeine. There's something like 40-60mg in a cup. If you're not consuming any at the moment start off slow; a cup of tea with breakfast or before training might help. Diet pills oftentimes contain 200-400mg. All the research indicates that caffeine stimulates the mind, which in turn can make you 'move' more, ultimately causing a handful more calories to be burned. If you're already training, the difference will be negligable. Caffeine won't help you get what you want, but a try the tea thing anyway to see if it has any effect. You might be pleasantly surprised...

--------------
--JBennett
2008/11/19, 12:42 PM
-ECA stack...you can try pseudo-ephedrine in place of ephedrine for milder effects(25mg, 200mg, 81mg)
-chocamine(you can try it in place of caffeine
-EGCG (tea polephenols)
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/11/20, 05:00 PM
Just my $.02 here but I bet when yo usay that you've been eating healthy you're trying to convince yourself of that a little. I think I eat healthy but when I look back at my food log there are quite a few just a handful of these, one piece of those, half of a pizza, couple of beers type of entries. I still stick with the 70-75% healthy meals and have had good long term results with that. I just eat more when bulking and less when maintaining or trimming down.

Question though, what does being lean have to do with basketball shape? It isn't weight based like wrestling and you're not judged on your leanness like bodybuilding.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/21, 06:40 PM
you may not be judged on it, but I'd be a hell of a lot better off with no fat to carry around.. By saying lean i didn't mean ripped or jacked, you're confusing the two. But I can honestly say my diet is extremely clean. But maybe the "stomach fat" I still consider myself to have isn't as bad as I think.. I've cut weight so fast over the past few months that I've actually been asked by several people if I'm anorexic or something.

One point I would like to make though, is that possibly I'm eating too much in a day now. Maybe I'm eating the right foods, just over-proportionate. I say this because I'm easily maintaining my weight but I can't seem to drop the last 5 or so pounds I want..
My body does still seem to be slimming though. It could also be I'm losing fat and gaining muscle slowly but surely..
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/11/24, 11:05 AM

============
Quoting from dcmoody23:

you may not be judged on it, but I'd be a hell of a lot better off with no fat to carry around.. By saying lean i didn't mean ripped or jacked, you're confusing the two. But I can honestly say my diet is extremely clean. But maybe the "stomach fat" I still consider myself to have isn't as bad as I think.. I've cut weight so fast over the past few months that I've actually been asked by several people if I'm anorexic or something.

One point I would like to make though, is that possibly I'm eating too much in a day now. Maybe I'm eating the right foods, just over-proportionate. I say this because I'm easily maintaining my weight but I can't seem to drop the last 5 or so pounds I want..
My body does still seem to be slimming though. It could also be I'm losing fat and gaining muscle slowly but surely..
=============
Have you tried looking at the amounts of each calorie type you're taking in? Protien, fat and carbs? If you are eating clean at the right amount of calories, maybe give some thought to bringing your carbs down and protein up for a while. The typical model for daily calories is something like 50% from carbs, 30% from protein, and 20% from fat. Maybe you should try bringing down your carbs to about 30%, and raise up protein to 50%. Does that make sense?
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/27, 05:00 PM
yeah, makes complete sense. Only thing is that I eat tons of proteins.. mostly from grilled chicken (No red meats nor fish) As to my carbs, I'm not exactly sure what percentile. 50% pro and 30% carbs seems fairly accurate.. But I'm going to record my daily eatings the next few days and make required adjustments from there. Thanks for the help!