Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

My Reccomended Workout

epcgast
epcgast
United States
2008/11/01, 04:23 PM
I am slightly confused about my reccomended workout. I don't understand why i have six arm excercises and 3 leg exercises? I would think that with the legs having 4 huge muscle groups to be trained it would nee more than 3 exercises. And the arms only having 2 muscle groups getting six exercises. The arms are also trained twice, once with back for biceps and chest with triceps. Do I make a valid point? Where is the recovery time for my arms as well? Would it be better to do chest monday, back tuesday, legs wednesday, shoulders thursday, and arms friday, to allow proper rebuild time?

--------------
James Berry
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/11/03, 08:15 AM
What did you put for your level as trainee? a beginner can train the type of split you receoeved, no problem. even intermediate would still be okay. It is common to pair chest/tris since tris are assisting and pre fatigued during chest movements, same goes for back and bi's. a seperate arm day, or even seperate arm exercises, really isn't necesary for the average lifter.

As far as 3 leg exercises...are they all compound? what exercises are they? 3 compound moves could very well be enough for most people.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2008/11/10, 11:00 AM
Could you suggest some compund exercises for legs. I am aware of lunges and squats. Anything else?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/11/10, 12:25 PM
Deadlifts, front squats, Zercher squats, good mornings, cleans.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com